Contribute
Register

Need bluetooth 4.0? Get it here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been using sleep due to Bluetooth issues upon wake. I'll try it again.

Last time I had an issue, the mouse would skip around and go haywire upon wake. Maybe this is fixed now, or maybe it is an issue with my motherboard.

I got the IOGear GBU521W6, i use OS X ML 10.8.1, just plug in, and it works! Awesome

EDIT: i've seen people complain about the lack of range of the GBU521, personally with the one i have, i can get to the other side of the house, i can barely see the pointer at that point, but it is still moving fine.

I was having this problem before I inserted the plist code but I am still having the issue. I have the Z77x-UP5 TH board with the on-board BT but I also bought and plugged in the IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter (GBU521) and am still having the same issues. When the computer starts up the keyboard, mouse and tackpad all work for about 15 seconds then in the BT control panel these weird code designations, one for each device, pop-up and then all three stop working. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-07 at 7.41.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-07 at 7.41.06 PM.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 570
I was having this problem before I inserted the plist code but I am still having the issue. I have the Z77x-UP5 TH board with the on-board BT but I also bought and plugged in the IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter (GBU521) and am still having the same issues. When the computer starts up the keyboard, mouse and tackpad all work for about 15 seconds then in the BT control panel these weird code designations, one for each device, pop-up and then all three stop working. Any ideas?

looks like you need to delete your BT preferences and set up fresh.
g\

I bought this same adapter and for me it worked OOB. I'm still on 10.8.0 with a Z77x-UD5H board. I just plugged it in, and my computer recognized my magic trackpad and BT headset. So far, no issues at all.

I have the same adapter. Working great with apple mouse and trackpad. No problems with 10.8.2

I have the iogear GBU521. It works very well with ML. I do find that after boot, it can take 30 secs until it has a connection. Based on what others are saying, what I am experiencing is not normal. Anyone have a similar problem with a fix? Thanks!

I have already onboard Bluetooth V2.1+EDR my ASUS P8P67 Evo how can I activate it?

I'm using this adapter, and it is giving me hell. I use the Apple Magic Trackpad. After waking from sleep, it will continuously connect and disconnect. I've tried everything - reset the bluetooth settings. Deleted various bluetooth related preference files. Even reinstalled Combo 10.8.2 update. Nothing works.

Usually on startup it works fine, but then too not always. My console log is full of bluetooth related messages.

I used to be one of the proponents for this adapter. It used to work flawlessly. And then one day it didn't (I think it might be 10.8.2 that has killed it).
It can be that USB ports are giving a problem, but that shouldn't be the issue. I'm using Z77x-UP5 TH, and haven't had any USB related issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back