Contribute
Register

Need bluetooth 4.0? Get it here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! thanks for improving on the situation. I will give your kext a try soon and report back. in theory your method should work well and indeed be better than having to re-edit the kext after each OS update.
g\

Good news! :headbang:

I'm wondering if your bluetooth keyboard can work under BIOS and Chimera/Chameleon with BCM20702?

@dta

Works great! Just replaced the original iobluetoothfamily kext and installed the legacy kext; let kextcache run and then reboot. Now i have the wake from sleep option. good work.

Can i have permission to edit the original post and include your legacy kext and instructions there? I will credit you of course.
g\

There is not any usb bluetooth device working OOB?

genzai said:
@dta

Works great! Just replaced the original iobluetoothfamily kext and installed the legacy kext; let kextcache run and then reboot. Now i have the wake from sleep option. good work.

Can i have permission to edit the original post and include your legacy kext and instructions there? I will credit you of course.
g\

Thanks. Yeah you can include the information and my kext.

ed_co said:
There is not any usb bluetooth device working OOB?

I think there are one or two working out of box, but none is bluetooth 4.0.

Hi all thanks for the suggestions and great work. I am just built my 1st hackintosh with Z77-DS3H and 3770 chip. I got this dongle and applied the legacy kext and it worked great - I had great multitouch control. I tried the Inklets app , which provides Wacom like functionality to the magic trackpad but didn't like it so I uninstalled. When I rebooted the trackpad was acting very weird where I could not move the trackpad and only hard click. I realized that some other inklets software was still installed. I used command drag to remove the pen icon and also removed the pane in preferences according to the suggestions on the website.

After restart the magic pad worked but no multitouch and only hard clicks. I reapplied the kext but this didn't fix the problem.

I think it may have been the Inklets program that caused the problem.

Do you have any idea how I could perhaps reinstall the magic trackpad. I would rather not reinstall.

Thanks,
Tim

[update]

I don't htink it had anything to do withthe kext. I reinstalled and everything works well. My advise: Stay away from inklets

@dta

Great! Thank you! I accidentally bought an unsupported Medialink MUA-BA3 Bluetooth 4.0 (NOT the 3.0 which (helpfully...) has the exact same model number) and it was not even recognized.

I applied your kext with kextbeast and rebooted. To my pleasant surprise the adapter was now visible in the System Profile! (I double-checked the vendor and product ID and they were already correct in your kext). I didn't manage to connect to my keyboard and trackpad yet but noticed a large number of disconnected devices in my bluetooth list (System Preferences -> Bluetooth) so went to Library->Preferences and deleted com.apple.Bluetooth.plist (in hindsight this may not have been necessary). I rebooted again and the list was empty and I tried to find and pair the keyboard and trackpad. I think the trick was to play with the power buttons on those devices as they were previously paired with another adapter. The devices eventually showed up and paired successfully.

This solved the last remaining sleep issue I was having. I plugged the adaptor in a continuously-powered usb (3.0) port and I now have completely functioning sleep and wake up from keyboard or trackpad. Very awesome! (Note, I did get the immediate reboot-upon-sleep issue when I connected the adapter to a different (USB 2.0) port on my monitor).
Edit: Stuff got messed up. Wouldn't recommend this adapter (until it is natively supported)

By the way, the large number of non-existing disconnected bluetooth devices is back buttheydon't bother me (see screenshot). It may have been caused by another kext I had tried.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-15 at 3.11.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-15 at 3.11.28 PM.png
    78 KB · Views: 463
Hi,
I bought a BCM20702 dongle yesterday.
As applying dta's kext, it works fine so far.

I only have two bluetooth devices: My iPhone4 & Backbeat Go bluetooth headphone.

I can wake up my computer with Backbeat Go by pressing a botton.

But when I tried to connected to the Internet via my iPhone's bluetooth, I got a upload speed of 14kbps and a download speed of 0kbps which means I can't load any pages.
I'm not sure whether it's due to the poor signal of my iPhone.

Did anyone test iPhone's bluetooth Internet with this dongle?

I used the legacy driver and it worked fine for 2 days. now i dont have multitouch :(

any suggestions?

You could try this one here if you are having issues, but you will loose the wake from sleep option. It is using the generic driver, not 2045Family.

However, I can tell you that on Mountain Lion my dongle is being supported completely OOB with wake from sleep option and everything. So we just have to wait a few days until ML gets out. There will be good stuff regarding Broadcom bluetooth 4.0.

Attachments

• LegacyBCM20702USBBluetooth.kext.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 270
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back