Contribute
Register

Need advice on how to upgrade my OS to Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post this question in the New Beginner's Guide thread for USB.
Okay I finished the USB port configuration. I don't have any devices that are usb type c to test at the moment. Can I do that later after I install Monterey?

I'm ready to upgrade to Monterey. Can you please guide me on how to do that? Is there a thread?

yes

Now the fun part. You'll need to learn how to make your custom EFI folder with OpenCore Bootloader. No Unibeast or Multibeast for Monterey. So you need to read the Kaby Lake section of the Dortania guide.

Omg at quick glance this guide is so long.

How long do u think this will take for someone like me who knows little to nothing? Might consider paying someone to do this, looks like a headache

Might consider paying someone to do this, looks like a headache
Not a good idea. Against site rules. Could get banned for that.
How long do u think this will take for someone like me who knows little to nothing?
Take your time, go step by step. That's how you learn and gain experience. If you don't try, nothing is learned.

Not a good idea. Against site rules. Could get banned for that.

Take your time, go step by step. That's how you learn and gain experience. If you don't try, nothing is learned.
I respect that. where is the best place to post any questions I have along the way?

Right here.
Am I using the mounted EFI that I used for Catalina for the Monterey USB as well? Or do I need a separate USB?

Am I using the mounted EFI that I used for Catalina for the Monterey USB as well? Or do I need a separate USB?
You'll create a completely new EFI by following the Dortania guide. You can use a new USB for Monterey if you have a spare 16 GB. Keep the Catalina USB until after Monterey is installed in case you need it to boot Catalina.

You'll create a completely new EFI by following the Dortania guide. You can use a new USB for Monterey if you have a spare 16 GB. Keep the Catalina USB until after Monterey is installed in case you need it to boot Catalina.
As much as I’d love to be on Monterey I just don’t think I have the patience to figure it out right now so I think I’m gonna stick with Catalina. What does this mean? Will I need to do multibeast and repeat all the steps for USB configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back