Contribute
Register

Need advice on how to upgrade my OS to Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will I need to do multibeast and repeat all the steps for USB configuration?
No, just put your USB ports kext in the kexts/other folder. Then copy the USB's EFI folder to the EFI partition of the SSD. See if that boots ok without the USB plugged in. If not, you'll need to fine tune that.

No, just put your USB ports kext in the kexts/other folder. Then copy the USB's EFI folder to the EFI partition of the SSD. See if that boots ok without the USB plugged in. If not, you'll need to fine tune that.
ok when do I install my 6600 ?

Probably no help here, but jumping from Sierra (with a Pascal-architecture Nvidia 1060 graphics card) to Monterey with an AMD RX6600, and going through Catalina with the internal graphics first, is something that would scare me. Just a few things to remember:
1. The last Mac OS to allow use of Pascal-architecture graphics is High Sierra 10.13.6. Obviously you already have that covered.
2. The last Mac OS to run both 32-bit and 64-bit applications is Mojave. Catalina and all later versions require all apps to be 100% 64-bit.
3. If you use Carbon Copy Cloner, it cannot copy both all data and all system files beyond Mojave; Apple's APFS file system (introduced in High Sierra), plus the Mac OS separating the System as read-only, makes copying stuff more complicated.

Sorry to sound so negative and wish I could help, but I don't have a 200-series motherboard, and trs96 is the best support you could get anywhere anyway. For whatever it's worth, IMHO OpenCore blows away Clover. (I am running OpenCore version 0.8.3 on Mini-ITX-1,3, and 4.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back