Contribute
Register

Need advice on how to upgrade my OS to Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can still use the Nvidia graphics until you've made the Catalina USB installer.
Take it out when you want to install Catalina from the USB you'll make though.
You can make a Catalina Unibeast Installer to make it easier.
i can't find the Catalina OS in my app store. Do i need to use my iGPU to use gibMacOS ?

It's just a script you run, makes no difference if it's iGPU or dGPU.

right. ok.

I'm creating the catalina usb and I'm at this step.

12. At Bootloader Options screen choose UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy Boot Mode. UEFI Boot Mode is recommended for 7/8/9/100/200/300 Series CustoMac desktops and all UEFI capable systems. Legacy Boot Mode is recommended for 5/6 Series CustoMac desktops and all BIOS based systems.

Which should I choose?

Z270X is 200 series so UEFI.
okay I installed Catalina and I'm in Multibeast. Could you help me select which drivers, bootloaders, and customize?

okay I installed Catalina and I'm in Multibeast. Could you help me select which drivers, bootloaders, and customize?
If your ultimate goal is to end up on macOS Monterey there is no need to do that. You only need Catalina temporarily to make your USB ports kext. If you do plan to use Catalina long term instead, then you could run MB and install the bootloader to the SSD's EFI partition.

If your ultimate goal is to end up on macOS Monterey there is no need to do that. You only need Catalina temporarily to make your USB ports kext. If you do plan to use Catalina long term instead, then you could run MB and install the bootloader to the SSD's EFI partition.

okay I'm trying to follow the steps in the clover configurator. I believe I mounted the EFI but I'm stuck at this step.

"For Clover - copy the USBInjectAll.kext into the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

For OpenCore - copy USBInjectAll.kext into OC/Kexts - AND - add a new kext section to your config.plist. If you are an early adopter of OpenCore you will know that you have to declare each kext with the path to it's executable etc. (See screengrab below)."

This is what I see
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 7.08.39 AM.png

That's the Apple folder. Don't use that, just delete it.
I’m confused am I supposed to be mounting the EFI from the Catalina SSD or the USB?

As you can see there are no KEXT or clover folders when I tried to mount the efi from the catalina SSD.

Sorry for all the noob questions

I’m confused am I supposed to be mounting the EFI from the Catalina SSD or the USB?
Use USB's EFI folder as you'll need to keep booting from that. You do want to end up at Monterey right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back