Contribute
Register

Need advice on how to upgrade my OS to Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would download Catalina with gibMacOS. Build the USB installer with your Sierra install. Then shutdown, disconnect the Sierra SSD and install Catalina to a clean new SSD. That way everything is backed up and safe on the Sierra SSD without having to clone it first.
Ok i'm using gibMacOS. Which version of Catalina should i Choose?

If you want to run monterey then remove your 1060 and use the iGPU to install Catalina first. That way you can map all your USB ports and make sure they work. See the guide by UtterDisbelief for how to do that.

After that, you can make your Monterey USB installer, hopefully with OpenCore and have your 6600 installed. A clean install would be best as you are probably using Clover bootloader right now.

I don't see any guides here but there is one older one on Github that might be helpful to a degree.

I removed my 1060 and enabled internal graphics in the motherboards settings but I’m getting stuck here when I try to boot to my Mac drive.

Attachments

• 24B8EA12-0A81-4A59-8935-9ED97A9D9D2D.jpeg
    24B8EA12-0A81-4A59-8935-9ED97A9D9D2D.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
I removed my 1060 and enabled internal graphics in the motherboards settings but I’m getting stuck here when I try to boot to my Mac drive.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 25
What system def. are you using ? Does it enable your iGPU ? iMac Pro 1,1 and you may have disabled iGPU.
Are you connected to onboard HDMI or DVI ? Don't use the VGA.

What system def. are you using ? Does it enable your iGPU ? iMac Pro 1,1 and you may have disabled iGPU.
Not sure. where do I look for this information?
I'm using HDMI

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 8.11.50 PM.png

Did you already make your Catalina USB installer or not ? Are you trying to boot from that ?

Did you already make your Catalina USB installer or not ? Are you trying to boot from that ?
no i'm booting from my Sierra drive.

no i'm booting from my Sierra drive.
You can still use the Nvidia graphics until you've made the Catalina USB installer.
Take it out when you want to install Catalina from the USB you'll make though.
You can make a Catalina Unibeast Installer to make it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back