Contribute
Register

Native Support in Mountain Lion- Ivy Bridge, HD 4000, GeForce 6xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

At the chimera boot screen enter this flag

¨Graphics Mode¨=¨2560x1440x32¨

Thanks! This is the solution! HD 4000 on my P8Z77-v LE now works. Adding the following to org.chameleon.Boot.plist works even better:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2560x1440x32</string>

Also, I needed to set graphics memory to 96MB in BIOS.

Only remaining issue is that sleep doesn't work. Choosing "Sleep" in Apple-menu results in the screen turning black, but the computer doesn't go to sleep and will not respond to keyboard or mouse anymore. But this appears to be a well known problem with Asus (and others)...

Updated to 10.8 without a problem on a GA-Z77X-UD5H/i5-3570k combo. Everything runs great except for the fact that on the initial or first boot I can't get my keyboard nor mouse to work although I can see the system is obviously running fine. I end up having to put the system to sleep and waking it up, where afterwards everything works fine. Kind of odd, and wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue? Apart from that, I am not experiencing any other problems. *Thumbs up*

I also had that experience. Plugging the mouse/keyboard in a USB-port on the back of the computer solved it for me.

off top but with my 580 gtx have Native start in Mountain Lion with out any injections or graphs enabler 580 gtx Native full work
haven benchmark have 2300 score min fps 40 max 180

my system is
core i5 2500k (1155)
mother ga-z68x-ud4-b3 rev 1
4 gb ram 1333 by kingstone

ps sory for my bad inglish im from russia

I have few questions.
Do i need that ACPI.kext for "10.7.4 ivy bridge" from multibeast after ML installation? And why istat show up my ssd drive temp 128 c.?

SSDs have no sensors for hardware monitoring software reads. You can safely ignore that number.

Gigabyte ATI Radeon 6850 1GIG Both DVI Ports

Will ML let me use both DVI ports on my ATI Radeon HD 6850? With Lion, I have to use a hacked ATI6000 kext or else the second DVI port is dead.

I tested my Gigabyte 6850 tonight an two Dell monitors. They both lit right up plugged into the DVI ports. I had trouble with my audio not working (ASUS P7P55D-E Mobo, VIA audio chips) so I'm using a patched VoodooHDA.kext to get my old sound back.

Graphics card shows up in system report at Radeo 6XXX. If I don't use the patched kext I have native ID in System Report, but unusable HDMI sound.

I set my RAM to XMS Profile 1 in the UEFI- then I get the higher performance of 1600 ram. ;)

When I set my RAM to Profile 1, I lose USB when waking from sleep. I've got a GA-Z77-DS3H with an i7 3770. Any ideas how this happens, Tony? It's driving me ccrraazzyy.

Any news for GTX 670?
I'm soo excited to have a Mac finally!!!

I am posting my reply here since I want to know if I can finally have a GTX 670 ;-)

If anybody has an Nvidia GTX 670 running natively PLEASE let me know, thanks!

I got so far everything working with ML.
My GTX 570 works with open cl but i can't get cuda working.
when i do the installer of cuda 5, the installation can not be finished.
and kextutil tells me that cuda.kext has no supported entry in mach_kernel x86_64

somebody could manage cuda working on ML with GTX5** card?

This is great news I will follow the rule of read read read before posting ... Well I have 1 questions then, what is the motherboard you recommend for it GA OR ASUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back