Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey MESwan, I also use your EFI folder due to very close hardware setup. In particular mobo and cpu are exactly the same, while the gpu is a Vega 64. I wanted to ask if you also have issues with the USB 3.0 ports, detected as 2.0. Actually all of my 3.0 ports are detected as 2.0. I attach my EFI folder (with some minor modifications), maybe you might understand better what's going on in there....
Use this SSDT for USB Patching.

Attachments

• SSDT-AORUS-PRO.aml
    697 bytes · Views: 239
Use this SSDT for USB Patching.

It works like a charm, thanks!!! (this external drive always showed green led (2.0) now it's blue (usb3)

Attachments

• 2019-02-19 17.30.35.jpg
    2019-02-19 17.30.35.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 208
  • usb3.png
    usb3.png
    13 KB · Views: 203
I think I spoke too early... Yes, now I have USB 3.0 on HS09 and HS10 instead of 2.0 but HS04-05-07-08 are not recognized anymore.
(I don't know about HS06 since it's type-c, I have nothing to test that).

EDIT: I have also applied USB 10.14.1+ by PMHeart fix in Kernel and Kext Patches and updated Lilu.kext to the last version, but no luck in fixing USB speeds or port limit.

Last edited:
I think I spoke too early... Yes, now I have USB 3.0 on HS09 and HS10 instead of 2.0 but HS04-05-07-08 are not recognized anymore.
(I don't know about HS06 since it's type-c, I have nothing to test that).

EDIT: I have also applied USB 10.14.1+ by PMHeart fix in Kernel and Kext Patches and updated Lilu.kext to the last version, but no luck in fixing USB speeds or port limit.

I was in the same boat as you. To solve my USB port issues, I had to do my own SSDT. I suggest you do the same.

What helped me understand how it works was @MESwans explanation and the SSDT in post #130 coupled with RehabMan's guide.

For my USB c (HS 06) I used "SS 06" "usbConnector, 9". It works as per RehabMan's guide.

My setup in short went like this...HS 11 (front case and internal usb 2 only port) and HS 13 (rear Black 4 ports usb 2 only) I set mine as "usbConnector, 0" you just need HS entries and not SS entries for USB 2. Any USB 3 ports you need must be set as usbConnector, 3 on both HS & SS entries.

my second display stop working last night, is weird. I didn't update anything nor installed new software. When I login into Mojave, it stopped sending a signal to the second display. Just works with HDMI and DP for both screens, no DP DP or DP DVI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36 MB · Views: 251
my second display stop working last night, is weird. I didn't update anything nor installed new software. When I login into Mojave, it stopped sending a signal to the second display. Just works with HDMI and DP for both screens, no DP DP or DP DVI.

So, HDMI and DP work at the same time, but DP & DP/DP & DVI do not?

Exactly!!! Sorry for my English

Update your Lilu+Whatevergreen kexts, then reboot. Try the different ports. If that doesn't work, you may need to patch frame buffers.

Update your Lilu+Whatevergreen kexts, then reboot. Try the different ports. If that doesn't work, you may need to patch frame buffers.
is there a guide to make this patch?

I'm running the Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi (basically the same board as yours), which is listed as compatible. With a i5-8400 and a Samsung EVO M.2 SSD. I haven't been able to get the installer to boot following your guide among others. I ran it in verbose, safe boot and kept getting failure when initializing runtime. Once I got a different error but it still wouldn't boot. Now I keep getting Operating System Missing so I'm not even getting that far, the flash drives don't show up with the UEFI tag when booting from f12 (they were before). I have even tried different BIOS releases. I'm building using the latest Mojave UniBeast on another temporary Hackintosh running High Sierra.

-Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated, I'm at my wits end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back