Contribute
Register

My Third Case Mod....Thawing an Ice Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if it is just me Chaosdesigns but the pictures aren't coming through.....would love to see them though.

The pics not just on this thread but on a lot of threads are showing the same question mark.

It might have been while I was editing. Try now and let me know.

chaos

Sorry, I don't think I was clear..... Should I paint the bottom plate with my "patch"? I would use a color that matched the original.

Nice work so far! :thumbup:

Where did you connect the 5V pin of the touch sensor? I ask this, because you are using an external 19V laptop PSU that does not have a 5v standby pin.

Nice work so far! :thumbup:

Where did you connect the 5V pin of the touch sensor? I ask this, because you are using an external 19V laptop PSU that does not have a 5v standby pin.

I connected it to Pin 5 on motherboard header "E".

ScreenShot2012-10-20at82823AM.jpg

Right now I am not satisfied with my touch sensor implementation. While it works correctly and turns on and off my cube, and does not mis-fire unexpectedly and senses my fingers nicely, I am not happy with its "glow" behind the apple logo. I have hooked up the Power LED wires from the motherboard to sensor's LED, but it does not glow bright enough behind the logo to see it in a normally lit room. I am thinking of replacing the LED with a high intensity one, but I'm not sure a high intensity LED is electrically compatible.

Suggestions, welcome!

chaos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back