Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Condenced Description:
  • Doing light gaming (on Win8.1)
  • System reboots and monitor blackscreens (Power saving mode), mouse and keyboard LED lit up normally
  • Reset button results in Loud spinning fans and black screen
  • Did force turn-off and turn-on (System Started Normally)
  • Used the computer for around 1.5 Hr and problem occurred again (on Win8.1)
  • Updated NVIDIA drivers upon the next hard reboot
  • Problem reoccurred after ~5min
  • Reset BIOs settings to default
  • Problem reoccurred <10min
  • Tried it on Mavericks and same problem

Note: Had to do Hard reboot everytime(turn off and turn on) instead of pressing reset otherwise it results in Blackscreen, and Loud fans

PLEASE HELP!! :crazy::crazy:

Full Description:
I built my hackintosh 3 months ago and recently it started acting weird. I was playing my NBA2k15 on windows 8.1 when the computer rebooted itself and the monitor went into blackscreen(power saving mode). I tried the reset button to reboot to no avail (black screen, mouse and keyboard LED on, fans spinning crazy).

Then I performed a force shutdown and turn on. It worked and I thought it might be the graphics card problem and decided to update my NVIDIA drivers since I thought that was the issue. After a while, the system rebooted itself again and the same things happened. I did a hard reboot again and restored my BIOs settings to default but that didn't fix it as it happened again. Then I thought it might be an OS issue so I booted into Mavericks but the same thing occurred. Anyone have an idea what the problem might be? I'm assuming this must be a hardware problem because the same problem occurred in Mac and Windows.

My Build:
-------------------------------------------------
CPU: i5-4690k
MBO: Asus z-97-a
GPU: EVGA GTX770 Superclocked with ACX cooling
Mem: G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
SSD: Crucial MX100 (With both windows 8.1 and Mavericks)
HD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB
PSU:Corsair CS550M 550W Gold
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back