Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey folks, well im finally going to go through with it and build a Hackintosh. As much as i love the Apple aesthetic and such, their hardware specs, pricing, and the way the company is heading in terms of focus imo is denting their reputation. I love OSX and actually NEED it for what i do in life, but want a better machine for my money, so here i am...

Ive gone through the Buyers Guide and assembled a machine which has a pretty decent spec for not too much moneys, what im hoping is that you all could scan through it to make sure it would all work fine and that i wont encounter any problems that would make me regret taking this route...

The list is as follows:

View attachment Hackintosh Build Parts.tiff

I did this through ebuyer.com (we dont have Newegg in the UK and Amazon's prices are not the same as ebuyers)

The majority of stuff i took from the buyer's guide so i cant see any reason why there should be a problem, but this being my first project i want to make sure everything is right and i dont end up going down The Creek without a paddle.

Cheers all!

Optical drive: Sony Optiarc 72xx

That's all. All the others are good.

is that for compatibility reasons or is it just a better drive?

The previous.

well im not too concerned about ethernet, i only really use it when gaming with friends. If i can get a separate ethernet card that works just as well id rather stick with the cheaper option of this mobo.

awesome! added to the list!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back