Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you for the advices and tutorials who helped me to mount my hackintosh.

The main specs of my hackintosh are:
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Intel i7 3770k
Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
2 x 4 GB Ram DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
HDD 1 TB Seagate barracuda
SDD 128 GB Crucial M4

I installed windows 7 on the seagate HDD and OS X Mountain Lion on the SSD. I installed OS X successfully with no problems but when I reboot the computer the bios auto boots to the disk where windows is installed. I tried to change the boot sequence in the UEFI bios but the UEFI bios recognises the partition of the Crucial M4 disk as UEFI bootup disk and I cannot select the OS X partition to auto boot OS X.

When the computer starts, If I press F12 (who lets me to select the boot disk)* I can select the partition of the SSD and the computer boots to OS X successfully. Anyone knows how I can solve this annoying problem?

Thanks for all and sorry for my English.

I have the same issue, and I do have my OS X drive plugged into SATA_0.

Motherboard:
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H (F8 bios) + i5 3570k

Drives:
SATA_0 - SSD 128gb (OCZ Vertex 4): Mac OS X 10.8.2 installed using UniBeast / MultiBeast (after Windows install)
SATA_1 - HDD 2tb (Samsung ST2000DL004): User folders on single HFS+ partition
SATA_2 - Optical Drive (LG WH14NS40)
SATA_3 - HDD 256gb (WD2500JS): Windows 7 installed on a single "system reserved" NTFS partition (before OS X, with drives unplugged)
SATA_4 - HDD 256gb (WD2500JS): single NTFS partition, unused

If I press F12 to boot override, I can select P0: OCZ VERTEX4 and Chimera runs and all is good. However, if enter the BIOS instead, P0 is not in the Boot Option Priorities list to choose from. The only option for that P0 drive is UEFI: OCZ Vertex4. The Boot Option Priority options are:

• P2: HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40
  • P3: WDC WD2500JS-08NCB1
  • UEFI: OCZ-VERTEX4
  • UEFI: ST2000DL004 HD204UE

BIOS settings are:

• optimized defaults settings
  • xHCI = Auto
  • xHCI and EHCI Hand-off = enabled
  • Init Display First = IGFX
  • High Precision Event Timer = enabled

Setting the Boot Mode Selection mode in the BIOS to Legacy Only just eliminates the UEFI options in the list above.

I have tried both F7 and F8 bios versions, and I have done a CMOS reset, and several reinstalls after deleting partitions and formatting drives with gparted from linux ISO. I did mess around with trying to triple-boot ML, Win7, and Mint; but gave up on that and have since been struggling to get this to work. Any thoughts on where I messed up?

When you installed each operating system, did you unplug all other drives? If I have my windows drive installed when I install mac, it ruins my windows eufi boot loader.

When I installed OS X on my SSD plugged at SATA port 1, the drive where Windows was installed was plugged at SATA port 0 at the same time so I did not unplug the windows drive to install OS X. How can I solve this? Reinstalling OS X with Windows drive disconnected could solve my problem? Could I solve this problem avoiding reinstalling OS X? Thanks so much

In your second post it says you have F8 bios. I thought you said you had the UEFI bios. (which I'm assuming that was a typo since your problem is obivously UEFI related).

I had the same problem on my z68x-ud3h-b3. I have an m4 boot up ssd, and a second hard drive that runs the windows partition.

A few things to try. First, your SSD must be in SATA_0 to work in 6gbps. I have no idea why Gigabyte did this, but if I put it in SATA 1 it wont let me boot to it. Try this. Make sure the OCZ drive is in sata 0, then when you go into bios go to the tab of "BIOS Features", then under boot option #1 make sure it is selected "P0: OCZ______" Since you have an OCZ drive it should show up as something with OCZ in it. If it shows up as ANYTHING else it is not defaultly booting to the M4. Make sure to hit F10 to save and reboot.

IT WILL NOT BOOT if your boot priority for the drive you want to boot to says "UEFI:" first. It must say "P#". In this case, P0. That is your problem. I have never been able to boot to the UEFI option. you must select the P0 option for the OCZ drive. That should fix your problem. Looking at your boot priorities it looks like your sata 3 drive is selected to be booted before your ocz ssd. Just put the P0 drive as boot option 2 (below the DVD drive if you wish to have it look for cd's/dvd's first, otherwise put it as boot option #1).

Does this make sense? Just put your P0 drive as boot option #1 and make sure that it doesn't say UEFI first. Your problem is that the bios is told to boot to your windows 7 before your hackintosh. Just tell it to boot hackintosh first (as P#, not UEFI)

EDIT: One last thing. If P0 doesn't pop up as a boot priority option, try switching around sata ports and see if you can get the OCZ drive to pop up not as UEFI in a different one.

I solved my problem; all I had to do was unplug all the drives except my Mac OS X (SATA_0 - OCZ Vertex 4 SSD) then go into the BIOS. Once it was the only drive, P0: OCZ VERTEX4 did show up in the Boot Option Priority list! I selected P0 as the #1 (and only) boot priority, then I saved the BIOS settings and powered off, plugged in all the remaining drives and it works like it should!

Not exactly elegant, but it works.

I realize this is an old thread, but I am hoping to get some help for a similar problem, and did not want to create a new thread. Plus, when I was searching for an answer to my question, this thread "best" matched it. So, I hope my continuing it will be helpful to others.

Ok, here it is: I can't boot directly to the desktop. I have another screen before this where I have to select the only hard drive option listed.

More info:

My hackintosh works amazingly well, but during boot - it moves to a "stopped" screen which displays the Tonymac apples logo at the top (centered) and below that, an Apple (black and white) logo with the word "HDD" under it. In the upper left hand corner the text reads: "Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 Chimera v2.0.1.r2109 - then the build date and memory size.

It stays stuck at this screen until I press "enter". Then it will boot to the desktop.

What can I do to hit "restart" on my Hackintosh" and have it reboot to the desktop without having to touch the keyboard in the process?

Kindly,

Dig

Thats the chimera boot screen and is normal for hackintoshes.

You can add

Code:
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

to your org.chamaleon.boot.plist file (in Extra folder) to make it skip the menu.

That's weird, there is no org.Chameleon.boot.plist in the /Extra folder. There is "modules", "nvram.99xx.plist", smbios.plist and "Themes".

from HDD/Extra

I ran MultiBeast and selected the items I needed. I DID NOT run EasyBeast or USERDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation however.

Should I run one of these? If so, which one?

z77-D3H
i7 3770K
GTX 660sc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back