Contribute
Register

My hackintosh cannot auto boot OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
You usually select the USERDSDT or No DSDT option for that motherboard, but I've no idea if that creates a chameleon boot file for you or not.

Did you select the bootloader in multibeast? That might add the optons file

Damn it. I knew it, even before I loaded the DSDT -Free, that there'd be a problem.

now it won't boot to the desktop, it's just a black screen ..

now what can I do?

Oops sorry, try booting with -v see if you can see whats causing the black screen.

Plus you need GraphicsEnabler=No with that GPU

When trying to boot using verbose mode ( -v), I get 4 lines of information.

"Reading HFS+ file:............."
Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel cache /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0.2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0.2)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 21440471 bytes."

That's all I get.

try booting with the GraphicsEnabler=No, if that doesn't work try with -F and then if that still doesn't work then with both of them.

None of these worked.

Black Screen only

Now I'm totally screwed. 3 days to install all my audio software and everything else.

I can't get anything after the bootloader, just a black screen. None of the flags work. I can't even boot from the USB installer I created.

Does booting with -x work?

Is doing a fresh install an option?

What exactly did you add when you ran mutlibeast and how had you set it up before that?

-x does not work. I get the bootloader, then a black screen. I can see that my monitor "thinks" its engaged because the light indicator shows that it is on and receiving signal, but it's black.

A complete reinstall will screw me over more.... I'll lose all the music I was JUST working on, and everything else. I should have never used the suggestion to install the DSDT DSDT-Free thing. It ruined my hard work.

My machine worked perfectly prior to this. I just wanted it to boot to the desktop on restart. (see my post PRIOR to these problems)

When I did my ML installation, all I had to do was pick a theme, use GraphicsEnabler=No, and I was all set. I'd been using the system without one flaw before this.

None of the bootloaders work, nothing works. I get the Chameleon Bootloader screen, it counts down to launch, then - nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back