Contribute
Register

My Hackintosh build

Status
Not open for further replies.
pcmantinker said:
:lol: I don't have cats, nor do I have kids. This will probably be on the desk at my dorm room when I go back to school in the fall. I will be a junior in computer science at LSU. Lnx2Mac, here's a link to my case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811233062
It's indeed a very narrow case...
Hard to tell unless you measure the distance from your motherboard to the left panel.
In addition, you'll have to unmount the vent from the side panel to fit any of these tower coolers.

Sorry that the heatsink won't fit in your case.. :(
How's the fan noise? It isn't too loud, right?

Oh, alright. How's the feeling of being able to build your own PC soon? Is this your first build? It was really exciting for me. I'm starting my next build on Saturday when I get my Mugen 2 (Just ordered it today!).

It feels great! I did my first upgrade/build when i was a junior in high school. I had an old emachines desktop where the motherboard and maybe the cpu failed. It was a sad day when my old computer wouldn't post past the BIOS. I couldn't even get into the BIOS settings or clear the CMOS. The motherboard was an old socket 939 amd board and the cpu was an amd athlon 64. When it came time to replace the motherboard, I just opted to upgrade to an AM2 socket board and get an AMD Athlon 4000 x 2. I also had to get DDR2 RAM modules since my 939 board used DDR RAM. Since then, I've upgraded/replaced evrey part except for the dvd drive and the PSU in that machine.

When I went off to college, I got my own laptop with a Core 2 Duo which was nice. It has been a good computer, but as with everything, it has become obsolete for heavy gaming and power hungry programs. That's why I decided to build this desktop. I know I have practically maxed out everything for this build except the RAM, but that's ok. I can't always afford to be on the cutting edge. Maybe someday... :lol:

When I went off to college, I got my own laptop with a Core 2 Duo which was nice. It has been a good computer, but as with everything, it has become obsolete for heavy gaming and power hungry programs. That's why I decided to build this desktop. I know I have practically maxed out everything for this build except the RAM, but that's ok. I can't always afford to be on the cutting edge. Maybe someday... :lol:

Man it feels great when you know you basically have the best that money can buy and that you have the highest quality products too, not some kind of generic trash Dell would package. I almost wish that companies would start selling mobile motherboards/laptop cases so people can build their own laptops. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back