Contribute
Register

My Hackintosh build

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I have to have the side panel off to make it fit, I will do that until I can get a bigger case. I wish I would have thought about just getting a larger case. I don't necessarily need to get a full tower case, but I do need a larger case. :lol:

Hey, taking off the side panel can actually reduce system heat :p
But you have to make sure your case isn't near any place with a lot of dust. If you are going to take off the side panel, it is recommended to keep it on like a desk or something so less dust gets in.

That's very true. :thumbup: It would definitely allow for more air flow in the case. Ideally, I'd like to be able to close the case, but I will just have to see how everything fits after the last of my parts come in. I am getting paid next Friday and will be making the final parts purchases. :) Can't wait to build my system!

Of course you don't want the case open all the time, especially if you have kids coming over :mrgreen:

But good luck in your build! I hope everything works out for you!

pcmantinker said:
Thanks much! lol I just read that there is now (unofficial) Fermi support for SL. :p http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... =0&start=0
Not sure how this works exactly, but I will be trying to make it work.

Oh yeah! I recommended that guide to someone today who had a GTX 470. It doesn't work really well, just saying. You will get to the desktop, but it's on lowest resolution. Anything else and there's a kernel panic.. :(

Well, I don't really like kernel panics, so I will probably not worry about it right now. :lol: Plus, I'd rather have full support for the card than only partial support. At least I know that the graphics enabler will work with my 9500 GT as it is supported. :) It will probably be about 6-12 months before we see official Fermi support from Apple.

Yeah, one of the things I dislike Apple for is their tardiness to the "latest and greatest" category. Their mac pros still use 4-year old Xeon processors! And they're still using GT 120's in them! Ugh! :eek:

jimx86 said:
Lnx2Mac said:
No need to buy separate thermal component... it's usually bundled with the cooler.
Sorry to yet again change the topic (a bit), but do you know anything about the thermal component included in the Hyper 212 Plus and whether or not it's good enough for overclocking.
Don't know which compound they are providing, but it should be OK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back