Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My build:
  • GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming WiFi (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 64GB (16GBx4) CL16 BLS4K16G4D240FSB (Gray)
  • Intel Core i7-8700K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.7GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 8GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) 08G-P4-5173-KR
  • Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM)
  • CORSAIR RMX Series, RM650x, 650 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply
  • MacOS High Sierra
This is my first hakintosh. I followed instructions from this site. I am generally very happy with this built but there are a couple of things that I haven't been able to figure out or fix yet.

1. It will not shut down fully, hangs with a black screen and a the pointer. This only happens after I log into it. If I don't log into it, it will shut down or reboot normally
  2. Haven't been able to get WiFi to work on it
  3. I can connect my speakers with an RCA jack but cannot control their volume through the OS
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

My build:
  • GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming WiFi (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 64GB (16GBx4) CL16 BLS4K16G4D240FSB (Gray)
  • Intel Core i7-8700K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.7GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 8GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) 08G-P4-5173-KR
  • Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM)
  • CORSAIR RMX Series, RM650x, 650 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply
  • MacOS High Sierra
This is my first hakintosh. I followed instructions from this site. I am generally very happy with this built but there are a couple of things that I haven't been able to figure out or fix yet.

1. It will not shut down fully, hangs with a black screen and a the pointer. This only happens after I log into it. If I don't log into it, it will shut down or reboot normally
  2. Haven't been able to get WiFi to work on it
  3. I can connect my speakers with an RCA jack but cannot control their volume through the OS
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hello there.

Well done on your first build :thumbup:

Okay, please copy your hardware details into your Profile - Motherboard, CPU and GPU - at a minimum. These details will then 'follow' you as you post more and viewers will have no trouble seeing what components you have. It''s also a part of the site rules.:)

For your problems:

1) Several things to try. First one is to set "FixShutdown" as "true" in your config.plist. You can do this with Clover Configurator on the "Acpi" tab:

FS.jpg

2) There are no drivers for the onboard wi-fi chipset used by motherboard manufacturers. This is usually an Intel one. You would either have to replace the card with a Broadcom or Atheros chip version, use a genuine Mac wireless card in an adapter in a PCIe slot, or a USB dongle known to work.

3) How are you connecting your speakers? Through the Green audio port or somewhere else?

:)

Will do.

Thank you for the advice.

Tried you suggestion with "FixShutdown" set to "True" but that didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Here is a copy of my config.plist file

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 44
Here is a copy of my config.plist file

Okay.

Next steps then ...

In your first post you said you were running High Sierra. However in your config.plist you have a USB port-limit removal patch for Mojave.

This may not be anything to do with your problem, but should be addressed. If you have done work to configure your USB ports this would limit their functionality. And if you are using another wireless solution, that might need a properly set-up port for bluetooth.

:)

I managed to screw up my config.plist file pretty good to the point where my hack wouldn't boot up any more. Luckily it is a dual boot machine. I was able to copy back a backup of my working config file back into efi partion and I am back to square one. Noticed during this extended trouble shooting that I didn't have a shut down problem while booting into safe mode. What happens differently in safe mode that doesn't happen in regular boot up?

hey, i have similiar problem
my specs as in my profile, running mojave 10.6.0
theres a thing that i want to fix looking around some guide,
1.every shutdown give me a restart, seems its KP every shutdown and restart but im not sure
2.the sleep is seems working, but after waking up(wake with just pressing any key once), my all rear usb lost its functions, so i need to swap my usb mouse and kb to front panel usb to get it work, then, im trying to click sleep again and nothing happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back