Contribute
Register

Musicians on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
couldn't agree more and do we want to get into the compatibilty issues with the tons of external plug in that you'll be using?

not sure the i7 980 will drop much in price, but if you have the budget why not ;)

btw really nice site you have adam and wow didn't notice you were behind the awesome animations!

aero++ said:
couldn't agree more and do we want to get into the compatibilty issues with the tons of external plug in that you'll be using?

not sure the i7 980 will drop much in price, but if you have the budget why not ;)

btw really nice site you have adam and wow didn't notice you were behind the awesome animations!

Thanks! :) I have another one that has been languishing for months now, aside from others that are just in the idea stages at this point. Work has been eating up all my time lately. I think I'll have to set aside an evening or weekend and get it finished.

Back to Sandy Bridge... the other thing you could do is wait until april or so and see what technology is going to be in the new MacBooks and Lion. It's possible that it could be included in with 10.6.7 and/or 10.7.

yeah, i will probably go for a stable i7-970 or 980x OC setup if the price makes sense and i can find cheap enough parts.

a 32nm 6 core with 12gb ram should last me for a very long while.

essentially i want power over the latest technology. I also don't mind the wait, as it's not essential just yet - gives me some time to also increase the budget (y).

thanks for the replies :)

Anybody around who is using UAD cards on a hack...
I got UAD 1 and it works flawlessly with my hack i think until the 10.6.6 update, now i always get the message "no cards found"...
i also updated the UAD software to 5.8 but no card as well :s...

Found a Solution myself:

I deleted voodooPState Kext (just tried something with it), then after reinstall card shows up !

The tower and the metal box below the desk are my Hackintosh and my Audio interface.

I'm a keyboardist, and I use logic to make music.

img042a.jpg

Hi, adamsmasher, et al,

I suffer from serious GAS. However, now that I'm retired, along with a couple of other retired wannabes, we've got the time to live the dream.

Here's my studio (pictures to follow, when I think of it):

Guitars
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard (what a great guitar!)
2003 Fender Statocaster American Deluxe
1998 Rickenbacker 360/6 (love this one and it's brother...)
1998 Rickenbacker 360/12 (OMG! I'm a Roger McGuinn wannabe. I can't stop playing this guitar)
? Fender Strat XII (big disappointment)
? Ovation Acoustic 12 string (it's ok, but didn't meet expectations)
1965 Harmony Jumbo Acoustic 6 string (got it my Freshman year in college, learn the blues and folk and finger picking)

Both Ricks have the Pull/push mod on the Tone pot. I hang out on the Rickenbacker company forum.

I lust after a PRS McCarty 25th Anniversery Top 10 w/Birds. I can dream, can't I? I'd also like to pick up a Gretsch White Falcon, a Gibson Dove or Hummingbird, and a Rick 370/12. Sigh... See, I told you I suffer from GAS! :headbang:

Amps
Line 6 Spider III
Line 6 Flextone II XL (tan tweed, not black, rare)
Line 6 Micro Spider
Several Vox minAmps

Pedals Just two to complement the modeling amps:
Boss TU-12 tuner
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer (and oldie which I use with the Ricks, sounds just like McGuinn's over compressed Rick 360/12)

Recording
PreSonus Inspire (FW, 2 inputs)
GarageBand (I use it purely for my own amusement)

My Hackintosh has a FW400 on the the MB, but I've added a FW800/400 PCI-e card (see my Full Description link in my signature block).

Pictures to come.

BTW, since I've be cruising this forum, I just around to this thread. I recognize a lot of you. It would be of interest to put our Hackintosh system in our signature blocks so we can relate to your recording.

P.S. The Doors' Riders on the Storm is playing as I started to write this post. Finishing up with Can't You See by The Marshal Tucker Band. I just loves my music. :headbang:

Nice collection, Stork (kudos on the Les Paul!). I'd love to have a White Falcon myself, although I've been getting steadily more curious about a Duo Jet.

How I wish I had the room to get my Marshall halfstack out of the closet. :silent:

Hi, I love Harrison Mixbus. Nice warm sound.
I'm using version 1.5.1 at the moment.
My problem is DSP usage in Mixbus would be showing 90% usage while Activity Monitor will be showing only 20% usage.
Not all cores on my i7 950 are getting utilized.
I guess this has something to do with JackPilot audio router since this is showing same usage as DSP.

On Logic 9.1.3 all 8 cores are working nicely.

Any help on getting all 8 core to work on Mixbus would be much appreciated.

Thank You All!!!

EDIT: Harrison Mixbus said that Mixbus is single threaded but have future plans to go multithtread.......Yessss!!!

Hey everyone, first time poster, long time lurker. :p I was using an old Core 2 Duo Macbook, the last gen before the aluminum models came out, for all of my studio work, but even after upgrading the ram to 6gb and the hdd to a 500gb 7200rpm drive, it just wasn't cutting it. The Apple stores didn't have a reasonably faster system that wasn't over $3000 so I decided to build my own, and I have this forum to thank!

I'm a keyboard player by nature, but I also dabble in guitar and bass when needed, but I've also been recording other local bands. The "Hack" (as I have affectionately named it) has been such a major upgrade I don't even know what to do with all this new power!

I remember someone mentioning earlier in this thread about a grounding noise, and I'm having a similar issue. It seems to be only in the headphone jack (both front and rear) and not recorded in software, though it is affected by actions in software like opening apps, scrolling and executing items, but never really goes away. I just use an external interface to get around it so no big really. I wouldn't be surprised if it was how I built it, as it was the first pc I ever put together myself.

Hey guys i just removed my uad pcie card and osx isn´t booting anymore (put it back, boot works), has anybody every experienced such a thing ?

i don´t have any clue, machine runs for month very fine and now, nothing :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back