Contribute
Register

Multiple monitor support with Pascal drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170-A
CPU
Intel i6700K
Graphics
Nvidia 1070 8G Windforce OC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a 1070 and I installed the Nvidia drivers and it still only seems to detect one display. I have three hooked up to it at this point in time and I can only get the one connected to DVI to output anything. One monitor is connected to HDMI and one is DisplayPort>AVI. I tried to disableCSM as recommended in another post but it when I do, I get the DP>AVI monitor to display by default (normally DVI), but after I get the Apple logo with a loader, it switches back to the DVI, but it is a black screen (backlight only) and I cannot interact with anything.

I also loaded my config.plist and made sure all fixes were unticked as suggested in a thread and made sure NvidiaWeb was ticked. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions from you guys?

I didn't have to do anything to get my 3 displays working on my EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition. I have the DVI connected to a Dell U2711 and have two DP connections to two Dell U2410 monitors.

I'm in the same boat as @mgladin, as of right now if I boot with my two monitors connected they both turn black after the Apple logo. If I only have one connected during boot it loads the driver and displays fine, and I can then plug my second monitor in after booting.

I have all of the injects disabled, I have NvidiaWeb set to true, and am using the Lilu/NvidiaWebGraphicsFix on a sys def of iMac 14,2 because that's the only way I could get the drivers to load for some reason.

I'm in the same boat as @mgladin, as of right now if I boot with my two monitors connected they both turn black after the Apple logo. If I only have one connected during boot it loads the driver and displays fine, and I can then plug my second monitor in after booting.

I have all of the injects disabled, I have NvidiaWeb set to true, and am using the Lilu/NvidiaWebGraphicsFix on a sys def of iMac 14,2 because that's the only way I could get the drivers to load for some reason.
i have same problem like u

UPDATE: Was told to try NvidiaGraphicsFixup and that has seemed to work. No more lockups with a second monitor! It seems to not just be necessary for certain builds as my definition is 14,2 which according to the forum here doesn't require NvidiaGraphicsFixup/Lilu to fix black screens.

Not to take away from OP, but I'm also having multiple monitor issues.

1x DVI LG W2242
1x DP Dell S2417DG

Running just the Dell monitor the OS is stable. Boot with both plugged in and it will lockup (still plays whatever sounds from a video that was running before lockup) after a minute or two or ten. If I boot with just the Dell, and plug the DVI cable in for the LG it will lockup instantly. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Had the exact same issue and was watching this thread for a while. Had to hot plug my second monitor every time post boot (drove me mad to the point I never shut down my computer lol). I initially had an HDMI and DVI setup going, but after I switched to both Displayport --> HDMI connectors on my 1070, both monitors showed up on boot. I don't think it matters, but I also used the first two Displayports before the HDMI connector. Hope this helps you or someone else facing the same issue.

Also using iMac 17,1, no injects. Using AGPDFix and later installed Lilu/NvidiaWebGraphicsFix after reading this post in hopes something was different.

Strangely, this also fixed issues with Night Mode on one of my displays.

Last edited:
I'm having similar issues. my setup is an Asus mb and evga 1070. the main dp monitor works great, when I add the dvi monitor via an active dp -> dvi cable I start getting the lockups on the second monitor. I tried the NVidiaGraphicsFixup / Lilu fix but I'm still getting some lockups, so I undid that stuff. Does anyone have an idea if this is a driver bug or a configuration issue? it seems like it just works for some folks.

I'm having the same issue with my 1060 FTW+ with three monitors. One HDMI that works but the two DVI (w/DP adapters) are not picking up. I'm in the setup phase of my first Hackintosh so I haven't had them working at all yet. Had a time getting the Nvidia drivers to see my card and now I can only get the HDMI to work. I've tried installing the Nvidia Graphics Fixup but didn't do anything.

Any other suggestions?

So I deleted the FakeSMC.kext like the new Multibeast update says to do for NVIDIA Pascal graphics cards and now none of my monitors will show anything! I copies the FakeSMC.kext to a thumb drive just incase but how do I restart in Safe Mode so I can put this back? The regular Mac "hold shift on startup" didn't work.

Help please, I really do not want to reformat again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back