Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z710s
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
5700XT
Hey guys, I'm a bit new to doing this but I followed this exact tutorial on youtube

I also added the latest version of FakeSMC, Intel Eterhernet and USB Injectall.

When I tried to boot into the installer it gets stuck at the Apple logo with no loading bar whatsoever. I went into verbose mode and got the following screen:
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-03 at 21.15.21 (1).jpeg

I have also tried installing through multibeast & the method listed on this site for Catalina which stops working here: (it also takes really long to load clover)

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-03 at 21.41.49.jpeg

My specs are:

i7 6700K
32Gb Corsair vengeance 3000Mhz
ASUS TUF Z170s
5700XT Asus ROG

EDIT

I have tried the following things so far:
Added the correct BIOS settings
Using SSDT-EC.aml in the correct folder ( this fixed the 1683 error)
Switching between virtual SMC with lilu and whatevergreen and FakeSMC

Sometimes when using the virtual SMC and lilu setup the entire thing freezes as soon as the screen goes black and I have to reset my CMOS (fans 100% and not responsive, even after restart).

I have also set my BIOS settings to these https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-guide-asus-bios-settings/

If you need me to test anything or upload logs let me know!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm a bit new to doing this but I followed this exact tutorial on youtube

I also added the latest version of FakeSMC, Intel Eterhernet and USB Injectall.

When I tried to boot into the installer it gets stuck at the Apple logo with no loading bar whatsoever. I went into verbose mode and got the following screen: View attachment 452845

I have also tried installing through multibeast & the method listed on this site for Catalina which stops working here: (it also takes really long to load clover)

View attachment 452847

My specs are:

i7 6700K
32Gb Corsair vengeance 3000Mhz
ASUS TUF Z170s
5700XT Asus ROG
search for 1683, has been asked many many times

I have updated my post with new information , any help is welcome!

I have updated my post with new information , any help is welcome!

Hi there.

Really you need to install Catalina using our guides. Here's the link.

You have already understood the 1683 error so that's in hand.

If you still can't progress to the installer it will probably be the 5700XT causing a problem. Which version of Catalina are you using?

Search our site for specific 5700XT guidance.

:thumbup:

Hi there.

Really you need to install Catalina using our guides. Here's the link.

You have already understood the 1683 error so that's in hand.

If you still can't progress to the installer it will probably be the 5700XT causing a problem. Which version of Catalina are you using?

Search our site for specific 5700XT guidance.

:thumbup:

Hey I got everything working now, I'll share my fix in a bit in the original post but now my only concern is speeding up the boot time. Clover takes super long too load and perfectly I would be able to skip the bootloader and boot without usb entirely. Any fix?

Hey I got everything working now, I'll share my fix in a bit in the original post but now my only concern is speeding up the boot time. Clover takes super long too load and perfectly I would be able to skip the bootloader and boot without usb entirely. Any fix?
Copy clover folder from USB efi to your ssd/hdd efi partition where you installed Mac OS
And boot directly from hdd/ssd
And I’m clover configurator set to -1 in boot section to skip it entirely

Copy clover folder from USB efi to your ssd/hdd efi partition where you installed Mac OS
And boot directly from hdd/ssd
And I’m clover configurator set to -1 in boot section to skip it entirely
Is it possible to edit this if I want to boot to windows one day?

Yes just open clover configurator and revert changes to original
View attachment 452982

Thanks I really appreciate the help! I got one final issue which is the following popup every time I restart my computer. I have tried some fixes like shutdown fix and changing some values but the issue keeps being the same. Any suggestions for this or should I make a new thread under post installation?

Attachments

• 526f6e5c2debd40eeffacdcfe32d4aa5.jpg
    526f6e5c2debd40eeffacdcfe32d4aa5.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back