Contribute
Register

Multibeast: "The installation failed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, getting the "Installation failed" message at conclusion of every MultiBeast install (4.6.1). Weird thing is, in some cases, the kext does get copied and the device is functional on next boot. Here's what I've tried so far, all of these ended with a fail message, but as noted, some worked after all:

AppleHDA Rollback
Unified Device Injector, ALC8xxHDA
Patched AppleHDA, ALC889 - working

Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6
Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx - working

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
3rdParty SATA - working

This was an update from from Lion 10.7.4 too, so that maybe that has something to do with it.

So frustrating. I finally got everything working. Used migration assistant to bring stuff over from my Snow Leopard install. Literally every app worked. protools, photoshop everything was working perfect! Restart? KERNEL PANIC! im done with mountain lion for awhile ive been going at this for over 12 hours.

I also had the same problem. After installing almost everything worked except the audio. It was also recognized Intel HD 3000 graphics but did not admit a resolution higher than 1024x786.
All my attempts to install the boot loader and the audio always generated a Kernel Panic, which is why I decided to restore the system to version 10.7.4 until the experts in the field can find a solution.

unless i misunderstand, the problem referred to in this thread isn't in getting to an installation screen to install mountain lion. in fact, most of us seem to have been able to install ML. the problem is that once installed, audio doesn't work and multibeast kicks out a "The installation failed" message everytime we try to set up the audio.

I'm in the same boat. Multibeast won't run, I can't reinstall FakeSMC, and I'm forced to boot with -x -v -f flags, and they only work some of the time. Other times, it crashes and burns. I really hope Tony is working diligently to put out a new MultiBeast very soon!

Same here, i've got the same message "installation failed" as soon as I try to install UserDSDT from multibeast 4.6.1. There is no relevant message in the logs except maybe this one :

28/07/12 12:36:53,209 com.apple.kextd[12]: kextcache error while updating / (error count: 28)

I used a fresh install, I tried to reboot and re-run multibeast with no luck either.

Just a quick follow up to my previous message, I've followed the same method described by hapa17 in this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tibeast-installation-failed-2.html#post389971

I've just booted from my old Lion disk (I always keep my previous install, in case where the new install fails) and from there selected my new disk as install destination in multibeast 4.6.1, likewise in the installer of the network driver. I've rebooted on ML and everything works fine.

that was actually an annotated account of the crap that i went through to arrive at this solution. i also tried installing a new dsdt and fakesmc.kext. both those installations failed as well. i thought maybe all this had something to do with the fakesmc, so i tried deleting it and all the plugins that carried over from lion. i then restarted, booted from unibeast, reinstalled ML again, then tried restarting to then replace the fakesmc crap that i'd deleted. however, my boot would get stuck at the apple spinning wheel screen forever. so now that i'd regressed to not even being able to boot into ML, i started to panic a little. that's when i thought to boot into my other install and see if i could install via multibeast to my main SSD. i doubted it, but it actually turned out i could. so i reinstalled fakesmc. i restarted, and i got past the apple spinning wheel screen, but then the monitors went black, as if nothing was connected. so i did a hard restart back to my HDD install, ran back multibeast, then added all the fakesmc plugins (thinking maybe that nvidia one could help with my monitors shutting off). restarted and made it all the way back to the desktop with no sound on my SSD. back to square one, i thought maybe now i could install audio through multibeast. nope. still failed installation. so once again, i decided to restart to my HDD install, and try installing audio from there. did that, and immediately after hitting restart, i got a kernel panic! so i hard-restarted, booted to my main SSD install, and finally was operational with audio.

since then i've been tinkering with ML features, which don't seem that mind blowing, especially devoid of airplay mirroring.

i wonder though…are all of us that had this failed installation problem on older rigs? it seems kind of dicey these days to be working with a two-year-old system since most of the chatter here seems to apply to sandy bridge and ivy bridge builds. not a ton of people gabbing about their problems with their -UDx system.

How did you delete the FakeSMC plugins? I keep getting KPs and wonder if that is my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back