GTX 780 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hello everyone, i have a macbook pro from late 2011 and a custom Hackintosh running Sierra like a charm, i recently installed it and used Multibeast to install the kexts ... And I had a question, my macbook pro has an issue with the sound input (the switch always think there is an optical output when there isn't) I wanted to know if i could use Multibeast on the regular mac to install VoodooHDA Kext that doesn't take in count the tiny broken switch (i tried everything to fix it without success) It's a bit strange but this community might have an answer for me...! Thx everyone

Yeah but if i make a time machine before it might work don't you think ? and if i only build the Audio Kext ?
time machine wouldn't help you if you brick your mac

Running hackintosh tools on a real Mac can brick it.
how should i deal with this? I think it's the only solution to replace AppleHDA audio Kext with another one that doesn't care about optical input ... I search everywhere but here seems the best place because we often modify these kind of files ...

how should i deal with this? I think it's the only solution to replace AppleHDA audio Kext with another one that doesn't care about optical input ... I search everywhere but here seems the best place because we often modify these kind of files ...
If you want to install a kext why not just use kextbeast ? Choose to install it to /L/E. It's best to install VoodooHDA that way anyway as opposed to using Multibeast. That being said, I've never tried V.HDA on a real Mac or heard of anyone doing that with success.

The risk with MultiBeast is that if you choose a quickstart option and install Clover on your Macbook expect some very serious and expensive to fix problems. Replacing the hard drive with a cloned drive won't make any difference in that case.

Murphy's law is in full effect when using Hackintosh software tools on a real Mac. There are hundreds of posts that you can read that will demonstrate that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back