Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 8.0 for OS X El Capitan - Status Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx, but I'm kinda digging Clover. Except for audio.

also liking this install but very spoiled by mutibeast lol

an sort of off topic question, would multibeast better than unibeast for dual boot? or should I stick with bootcamp type of Mac/Windows? I just plaed with Unibeast over the weekend and so far seems to work for the basic needs, but hesitated to start the Windows side because not sure if I should do dual boot or bootcamp. My concern is that if I need to reinstall OSX, what's the best method to go about if I need to keep the Windows part intact?
Haven't used the Hackintosh since the x58 days and the current Apple hardware direction really keep me worried about the future of Mac. Really like the OS, much more stable and easier to use than Windows but pretty sure that Apple will abandon Intel CPU soon. Ax series just won't be powerful enough as replacement in several years time.

My install of Clover/ El Capitan went extremely smooth and problem free thanks to Unibeast 6.0.1. Everything thing works with the exception of Thunderbolt 2. Hopefully,there will be a fix in Multibeast 8.0.....crossing my fingers.

Is it possible to post an anticipated availability date. I realize that dates can change but forecasts are part of today's world and are very useful for those needing to plan around a delay.

I personally made the mistake of moving too fast on an El Capitan upgrade with the newly released Clover oriented tools. I should have had a sacrificial test machine. I got too sure of myself as the powerPC machines were replaced to the point that I had no test machine based on Intel. What I experienced was pure hell in trying to recover to a working Yosemite Hack and to cover my butt, bought a used Mac AIR from ebay to minimize my downtime.

I appreciate the volunteer efforts here but I feel compelled to point out that the Clover oriented tools were not ready for prime time and probably should have been delayed for release. It was simply too big of a release given all the other problems that crept up such as USB compatibility. I run an SSD for the system disk and a spin disk for user files so I had multiple volumes that needed backup. I'm at least in a holding pattern right now.

Keep up the good work but be more thorough even if it means slower adaptability.

PS: A long time ago, I introduced Apple to the big time with Hubble and before that cut my teeth with vacuum tube machines. If anything, I'm old but not stupid.

lol

Hello Tony,

Will there be any fixes for Thunderbolt 2.0 in Multibeast 8.0, such as altered kexts, patches, etc?

Fantastic news, I've been using Multibeast since Mavericks and I'm eager to upgrade to El Capitan as soon as possible, until then the 480GB SSD on my desk will remain a paperweight :D

thanks for all the time and effort tony and crew

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SpaceGhost23
Will there be any fixes for Thunderbolt 2.0 in Multibeast 8.0, such as altered kexts, patches, etc?

Yes Boy, Yes. (GrafStaf)

Hmm...GrafStaf, I imagine you are sharing your enthusiasm for a possible Thunderbolt resolution as well....?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back