Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.4 Update

If anyone else is encountering problems with sleep with the new Fakesmc.kext v5.2.724, please let us know what your experience is.

rdfrey
I'm also having wake from sleep problems with a GA-X58A-UD3R rev2 and MultiBeast 5.4.0.
I've replaced Fakesmc.kext v5.2.724 with 5.1.61 and repaired permissions.
The computer wakes up, but the monitor stays black.

In Multibeast 5.4.0 I just tick:
UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Audio (With DSDT) - ALC889
Network - Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRT81xx v.0.0.90
Themes - Chameleon 2.1 Default

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I then add:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>

My graphics card is a Sapphire Technology Radeon HD 5770 Vapor-X.

Can you see any mistakes?
Thanks for your help.

I'm also having wake from sleep problems with a GA-X58A-UD3R rev2 and MultiBeast 5.4.0.
I've replaced Fakesmc.kext v5.2.724 with 5.1.61 and repaired permissions.
The computer wakes up, but the monitor stays black.
Can you see any mistakes?
Thanks for your help.

There is a newer Fakesmc (version 5.2.725) that was released with the latest Multibeast 5.4.1 that has solved the Sleep problem for me, and I no longer need to use the older Fakesmc 5.1.61 at all. However I have a MSI board, so I was curious and spoke to my friend who has the same mobo as you (GA-X58A-UD3R rev2 )and asked him if the newest Fakesmc 5.2.725 had fixed the sleep problem for his system.

He also did a fresh install using 10.8.4 and Multibeast 5.4.1 and he confirms that the Sleep issue has been resolved for him as well. Sleep is working and no more black screen when coming out of sleep. You might want to try Multibeast 5.4.1 to see if the latest Fakesmc solves the issue for you as well.

For the Multibeast settings, my friend's settings are the same as yours, but he mentioned he also ticks "JMicron36x ATA" (under the Disk section) and "USB 3.0 Universal" (under the Miscellaneous section) since the X58A-UD3R has the specific hardware onboard that would benefit from this. I'm not sure if this would have any bearing on the sleep issue, but it's worth a try.

As for your org.chameleon.Boot.plist, it looks like the settings are correct, so there isn't much to change there. BTW, did you use the appropriate DSDT.aml file when running Multibeast?

I hope the suggestions help, let us know it it worked out for you. Best of luck.

There is a newer Fakesmc (version 5.2.725) that was released with the latest Multibeast 5.4.1 that has solved the Sleep problem for me, and I no longer need to use the older Fakesmc 5.1.61 at all. However I have a MSI board, so I was curious and spoke to my friend who has the same mobo as you (GA-X58A-UD3R rev2 )and asked him if the newest Fakesmc 5.2.725 had fixed the sleep problem for his system.

He also did a fresh install using 10.8.4 and Multibeast 5.4.1 and he confirms that the Sleep issue has been resolved for him as well. Sleep is working and no more black screen when coming out of sleep. You might want to try Multibeast 5.4.1 to see if the latest Fakesmc solves the issue for you as well.

For the Multibeast settings, my friend's settings are the same as yours, but he mentioned he also ticks "JMicron36x ATA" (under the Disk section) and "USB 3.0 Universal" (under the Miscellaneous section) since the X58A-UD3R has the specific hardware onboard that would benefit from this. I'm not sure if this would have any bearing on the sleep issue, but it's worth a try.

As for your org.chameleon.Boot.plist, it looks like the settings are correct, so there isn't much to change there. BTW, did you use the appropriate DSDT.aml file when running Multibeast?

I hope the suggestions help, let us know it it worked out for you. Best of luck.

rdfrey
Thanks VERY much for the detailed reply.
Unfortunately wake from sleep still gives a black screen with Multibeast 5.4.1.

I'm using DSDT-GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0-FG.aml. I've downloaded it again to make sure it is the latest version.
I've also tried adding "JMicron36x ATA" and "USB 3.0 Universal".

I've gone back to MultiBeast 5.3.1 and wake from sleep is working.
Perhaps the mistake I made was to try installing MultiBeast 5.4 over 5.3.1 - breaking the rule "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
You mentioned a fresh install of Mountain Lion.

Thanks again for you help.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
True words, but I guess we're often tempted to try what's new out there. :)

If your system's sleep is working with the Multibeast 5.3.1, that's great. If you still want to try the latest and want to minimize risk, you can try a fresh Mountain Lion 10.8.4 install with Multibeast 5.4.1 on an extra hard drive you may have lying around. That way your present working system is not affected at all, and you have nothing to lose.

If you don't have an extra drive, you can use Disk Utility to create an extra partition on your existing hard drive, and install a fresh Mountain Lion on that, just for testing purposes. You will only need 15 GB for that partition, maybe even less, but 15 just to make sure you give yourself enough space. You can always delete the partition later and merge the space back into your existing system's main partition when you're done testing.

Big crash after install new FakeSMC and Plugins to kozlek's branch v5.2.724, on LGA775 and Core 2 Quad.
Didn´t start again, kernel panic.

The only way to restart the machine was to restore the old FakeSMC.

Take care of that!

Hey guys!

Big thanks for the update.
Gave me quite a performance boost under 10.8.4...having fun again (Geekbench giving me 13053).
Had no troubles with the installation.
Added usb 3 driver and graphics enabler=no after installing the new chimera.
Big thumbs up!!
Greetz

Big crash after install new FakeSMC and Plugins to kozlek's branch v5.2.724, on LGA775 and Core 2 Quad.
Didn´t start again, kernel panic.

The only way to restart the machine was to restore the old FakeSMC.

Take care of that!
If you had used MultiBeast 5.4.1 you wouldn't have had this issue.

Late to the party here.

I completely hosed my system with this one. I am sure that it was my fault. The hilarious thing is that I was building a tutorial on how to do the update while simultaneously updating my system so I could help out other folks who have the same system/motherboard.

I can not even get it to boot into safe mode no matter what I try.

I got the dreaded "0xdeadbeef" error upon startup. I have been updating Hackitoshes for a couple years so this was a surprise.

I am pretty sure the issue is with the chameleon boot loader. Possible the file was corrupted or became corrupted when it was installed. I am confident that I can get it up and running when I have some free time this coming weekend.

Was interested if anyone else had the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back