Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I waited for this update for Trim Support for 10.8.2 for a Crucial M3 and an OCZ Nocti M-SATA with a GA-Z68XP-UD3P. Still a no go-after running Multibeast 5.1 (the 10.8.1+ Box.) Was there something to delete before I ran the Installer, or am I missing something else that is preventing this from working?

Everything is working! Thanks a lot :)

Anyone run into an installation failed error? Tried installing a couple kexts, then tried to do the UserDSDT install, both failed. It died on the validation step.

Article: MultiBeast 5.1 Update

I just found a minor bug in MultiBeast 5.1.0 when installing or upgrading AppleHDA without a DSDT and HDAEnabler898.kext was already loaded or when installing the Optional 3 Port Audio Enabler that it wasn't deleting HDAEnabler898.kext.

This will be fixed in MultiBeast 5.1.1 (which will also adds a new Customization option :shh:)

Thanks guys.

My HWMonitor is no longer working. I could only see the icon on status bar and no readings. When I click on the icon, a menu appears and it lists my hard disks, but checking any entry on or off makes no difference.

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 / i7 2600K

I have the same problem with HWM now. It worked perfect before this update. Only showing Hard Drive temps....

Multibeast v4.5.1.- Last HWMonitor & FakeSMC Plugins that worked for me perfect on Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Multibeast v4.6.1 - Only HWMonitor App working, but not the FakeSMC Plugins.
Multibeast v5.1 not tried yet.

I will stay for now with the HWMonitor & FakeSMC Plugins from Multibeast v4.5.1 as my Hackintosh works great except of the Random Freezes.

Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Chimera 1.11.1 r1394
Bios FF
Gigabyte x58a-ud3r r2
CPUIntel 960 (3.30GHz) Quad-Core
GraphicsnVidia GeForce GTS 450 OC (1GB) DDR5
Ram 6GB DDR3 (1600mhz) -
Geekbench Score10836

Thanks TonyMacx86 Team for the MultiBeast Update!

cheers

I waited for this update for Trim Support for 10.8.2 for a Crucial M3 and an OCZ Nocti M-SATA with a GA-Z68XP-UD3P. Still a no go-after running Multibeast 5.1 (the 10.8.1+ Box.) Was there something to delete before I ran the Installer, or am I missing something else that is preventing this from working?
I found a bug where the patcher is not updating the kernel cache. This will be fixed in MultiBeast 5.1.1.

In the mean time you can enable it by executing the following command in Terminal:

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

I have a question regarding the new version of fakeSMC and fakeSMCPlugins.

I had installed these with MB 5.0.1 and then when I updated to 10.8.2, I deleted the 10.8.2. version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext and replaced it with the rolled back 10.8.1 version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext (used kext utility).

Everything went very well and rebooted without a problem etc...

If I use Multibeast 5.1.0 to install the newer versions of fakeSMC and fakeSMCplugins, will the installer first delete the older versions or overwrite them?

Or should I first manually remove the older fakeSMC and the fakeSMCplugins and then add the newer ones from Multibeast 5.1.0 before rebooting?

Also should I reinstall the 10.8.2 version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext ?

Many thanks in advance

T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back