Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, failed installation. GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with the setting I was using with the last multibeast......

Article: MultiBeast 5.1 Update

I have a question regarding the new version of fakeSMC and fakeSMCPlugins.

I had installed these with MB 5.0.1 and then when I updated to 10.8.2, I deleted the 10.8.2. version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext and replaced it with the rolled back 10.8.1 version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext (used kext utility).

Everything went very well and rebooted without a problem etc...

If I use Multibeast 5.1.0 to install the newer versions of fakeSMC and fakeSMCplugins, will the installer first delete the older versions or overwrite them?

Or should I first manually remove the older fakeSMC and the fakeSMCplugins and then add the newer ones from Multibeast 5.1.0 before rebooting?

Also should I reinstall the 10.8.2 version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext ?

Many thanks in advance

T
MultiBeast will delete the old FakeSMC and Plugins if found before installing the new ones.

MultiBeast 5.1.1 is now available in Downloads.

Changes in this version:

Visible Changes:
- Added 1080p Display to Customization -> Boot Options

Internal Changes:
- Fixed deleting HDAEnabler898.kext when installing or upgrading Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Without DSDT -> ALC898
- Fixed deleting HDAEnabler898.kext when installing Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Without DSDT -> Optional 3 Port Audio Enabler
- Fixed TRIM Enabler patches to update kernel cache

When I initially updated to 10.8.2, I acquired a problem with booting. At one point I removed the OEMSbios.kext & replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext. At once point I got 10.8.2 to work, but I wanted to prove to myself I knew the procedure. When I tried to redo the process, I couldn't get 10.8.2 running on my machine. I am now back to 10.8.1 & would love to be back to 10.8.2.

I believe my issue is related to my video card (GTX 560 (no ti)). With Multibeast 5.1.1, does this support my video card without any kext editing/swapping?

Many thanks for the reply MacMan.

I will give it a try presently then.

Regards

T

MultiBeast will delete the old FakeSMC and Plugins if found before installing the new ones.

Many thanks for the reply MacMan

I will give it a try presently then.

regards
T

Yeah, still no go. Fails to install and the resulting system doesn't boot

HW monitor now broken. Only shows a few discs and no information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back