Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Thanks for Updating MultiBeast, 1080p works now. Thanks so Much.

why wasn't the nvidia 304.00.05f02 included instead of the older 00f20

Article: MultiBeast 5.1 Update

When I initially updated to 10.8.2, I acquired a problem with booting. At one point I removed the OEMSbios.kext & replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext. At once point I got 10.8.2 to work, but I wanted to prove to myself I knew the procedure. When I tried to redo the process, I couldn't get 10.8.2 running on my machine. I am now back to 10.8.1 & would love to be back to 10.8.2.

I believe my issue is related to my video card (GTX 560 (no ti)). With Multibeast 5.1.1, does this support my video card without any kext editing/swapping?

Yes can get your video card to work without editing the kext and full resolution from the installation screen you said it " At once point I got 10.8.2 to work," i am using the card without any problem in 10.8.2 and using finalcut pro X all working smoothly. i did all it with MB 5.0.2

new hacintosh user everything pretty much running splendidly thanks to these forums. i just installed the hwmonitor plugins with this version of multibeast for the first time (ie i never installed all the monitoring plugins previously). when i look at my menu drop down i see a "SSD remaining life" of something like -3.6bn%. Anyone have any ideas what this is supposed to be showing/why mine is displaying a negative massive number?

Thanks!
rukus

For anyone having a problem with HWM not showing temps or info....

Removed the App to Trash....and reinstall.... Works Great! A lot of new info!

Thanks TonyMacx86 Team for the hard work on HWM!

I have a question regarding the new version of fakeSMC and fakeSMCPlugins.

I had installed these with MB 5.0.1 and then when I updated to 10.8.2, I deleted the 10.8.2. version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext and replaced it with the rolled back 10.8.1 version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext (used kext utility).

Everything went very well and rebooted without a problem etc...

If I use Multibeast 5.1.0 to install the newer versions of fakeSMC and fakeSMCplugins, will the installer first delete the older versions or overwrite them?

Or should I first manually remove the older fakeSMC and the fakeSMCplugins and then add the newer ones from Multibeast 5.1.0 before rebooting?

Also should I reinstall the 10.8.2 version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext ?

Many thanks in advance

T

ok i tested and it works

Install last FakeSMC and Motherboards plugins from Multibeast 5.1.1
won't restart
Install the original AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.8.2 using kext utility or similar (i did a backup before rollback :thumbup:)
Repair permission + rebuild cache (Kext utility does all this during kext installation )
restart and voilá

all working.. at least for me, x58a-ud3r + hd 6870

GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back