Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 3.8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
chasetb said:
I started seeing some problems with graphics after updating to 10.6.8 so I installed the IOPCIFamilyFix and now I can't get past the [PCI configuration begin] item in verbose mode. I've tried booting with -x and -f but no changes.

My computer stucked at [PCI configuration begin] too, any ideas?

Sakanade said:
I installed the latest fakesmc, after reboot iStat doesn't display temps for the CPU.

I need to install the motherboard plug-in?

Yeah....you should... :|

carlos3 said:
chasetb said:
I started seeing some problems with graphics after updating to 10.6.8 so I installed the IOPCIFamilyFix and now I can't get past the [PCI configuration begin] item in verbose mode. I've tried booting with -x and -f but no changes.

I ended up reinstalling from my retail 10.6 disc and installing the 10.6.7 combo update. Things are back to normal for now.

chasetb said:
carlos3 said:
chasetb said:

I ended up reinstalling from my retail 10.6 disc and installing the 10.6.7 combo update. Things are back to normal for now.

Lucky boy ;-)
I've reinstalled retail 10.6.3, then 10.6.8. combo update + multibeast 3.8.0 and back to [PCI ********] :(
Now I try to restore my old disk image and install old multibeast with Chameleon bootloader.

carlos3 said:
Lucky boy ;-)
I've reinstalled retail 10.6.3, then 10.6.8. combo update + multibeast 3.8.0 and back to [PCI ********] :(
Now I try to restore my old disk image and install old multibeast with Chameleon bootloader.

Old image restored, installed Multibeast 3.3.0 + Chameleon 2 RC5 + DSDT for Gigabyte X58A UD3R F6 and it looks working...

L0n3S7arW0lf said:
Select destination not showing up it just skips it!
I assume you mean in Multibeast, right? Just select something on the packages screen and click "Continue." on the next screen you can click "Install" or "Change Install Location." It will then allow to select a destination and it goes back so you can select the right options.

Attachments

• Multibeast options.jpg
    Multibeast options.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 520
chasetb said:

I'm having the same problem :-/

chasetb said:
L0n3S7arW0lf said:
Select destination not showing up it just skips it!
I assume you mean in Multibeast, right? Just select something on the packages screen and click "Continue." on the next screen you can click "Install" or "Change Install Location." It will then allow to select a destination and it goes back so you can select the right options.
Yes I mean Multibeast, and no it will not let me select a destination! I have re-downloaded Multibeast 3 times, still now letting me.

I installed a new system with MultIBeast 3.8.0. It seems that the compulsory included IOPCIFamily.kext breaks the official nvidia driver :( reverting IOPCIFamily.kext to what is installed by the MacOS X 10.6.8 upgrade makes the nvidia driver work - and will boot the system in 32 bit mode for me - although not in 64 bit mode (there it will hang at the PCI Confguration point)

I've also tried the tonymac nvidia upgrade 2.1, but that installs broken kexts (I will get a constant complaint about nvidia-related kexts being unusable after the install)

would be nice to have a 64 bit boot with a working nvidia driver...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back