Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 3.8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
akosmaroy said:
I installed a new system with MultIBeast 3.8.0. It seems that the compulsory included IOPCIFamily.kext breaks the official nvidia driver :( reverting IOPCIFamily.kext to what is installed by the MacOS X 10.6.8 upgrade makes the nvidia driver work - and will boot the system in 32 bit mode for me - although not in 64 bit mode (there it will hang at the PCI Confguration point)

I've also tried the tonymac nvidia upgrade 2.1, but that installs broken kexts (I will get a constant complaint about nvidia-related kexts being unusable after the install)

would be nice to have a 64 bit boot with a working nvidia driver...

Glad to see you second my initial report...I thought I was alone out there. But I guess people are not paying much attention with the imminent release of Lion...tomorrow...

That said I still boot in 64 bit but have to do a restart...Hanging at PCI Configuration seems to occur randomly. -v and looking at HDD led helps quite a bit as booting pauses at PCI Configuration but resumes 5-15 seconds later. Actually, If you see HDD activity a few seconds after boot logo appears then a pause it will resume. Otherwise if no HDD activity at boot screen, you are good to press reset switch.

Dnerve said:
akosmaroy said:
I installed a new system with MultIBeast 3.8.0. It seems that the compulsory included IOPCIFamily.kext breaks the official nvidia driver :( reverting IOPCIFamily.kext to what is installed by the MacOS X 10.6.8 upgrade makes the nvidia driver work - and will boot the system in 32 bit mode for me - although not in 64 bit mode (there it will hang at the PCI Confguration point)

I've also tried the tonymac nvidia upgrade 2.1, but that installs broken kexts (I will get a constant complaint about nvidia-related kexts being unusable after the install)

Glad to see you second my initial report...I thought I was alone out there. But I guess people are not paying much attention with the imminent release of Lion...tomorrow...

That said I still boot in 64 bit but have to do a restart...Hanging at PCI Configuration seems to occur randomly. -v and looking at HDD led helps quite a bit as booting pauses at PCI Configuration but resumes 5-15 seconds later. Actually, If you see HDD activity a few seconds after boot logo appears then a pause it will resume. Otherwise if no HDD activity at boot screen, you are good to press reset switch.

interesting. it does pause for me at 32 bit for a while, but on 64 bit, I could never wait out the length of the pause :)

Dnerve said:
akosmaroy said:

Something happened to the USB 3.0 port, that is not working anymore.

I installed Lion perfectly fine from 10.6.7 but noticed my graphics and audio were not working... i then ran the multibeast as per the norm but only after running multibeast 3.8 i get that PCI configuration error where it freezes during the boot.

Can you tell me why this error occurs and what causes it coz i am reinstalling the setup for the 6th time and i find that every time i install multibeast to get my audio and graphics working it freezes at the same place and i have tried adding some other things and not installing others...

the communities help is much appreciated... thanks

Since you guys removed the nv enabler. How do I make video resolution at 1920X1080 again? What do I select at Multibeast?

General multibeast question. When I first got up and running I was at 10.6.2. When someone suggests to upgrade multibeast, do I need to reselect each category I first used? I'm afraid I may break something which already works? My initial settings were:

MULTIBEAST

easybeast supported
Disk Utilities
Audio: ALC889x2
Disk: Jmicron, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
Graphics: n/a
Network: RealtekR1000SL
Non- DSDT: Evoreboot, legacyAppleRTC, NullCPUManagement
Musc: fakesmc, IOUSBFamily 10.6.2
Chameleon
com.apple.boot.plist: 32-bit Apple Boot Screen
smbios.plist: MacPro4,1
Theme: Standard Chameleon
OSX86 Software

Remove /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

macbookpro32 said:
Since you guys removed the nv enabler. How do I make video resolution at 1920X1080 again? What do I select at Multibeast?
You can try to use 64-bit Apple Boot Screen in the Boot Option.

Pre-edited standard 64-bit com.apple.boot.plist. Install ONLY if using a patched DSDT. Contains GraphicsEnabler=Yes, enabling most NVIDIA and ATI Graphics cards, standard Apple Boot Screen and enables 64-bit kernel.

I want to run multi beast on a different drive but when I am moving through the installer it just skips past the destination section. What gives?

TUFF Stough said:
macbookpro32 said:
You can try to use 64-bit Apple Boot Screen in the Boot Option.

Pre-edited standard 64-bit com.apple.boot.plist. Install ONLY if using a patched DSDT. Contains GraphicsEnabler=Yes, enabling most NVIDIA and ATI Graphics cards, standard Apple Boot Screen and enables 64-bit kernel.

I always select that even on past multibeast versions. It only happens on 3.8 since nvenabler was removed

Is multibeast 3.8 recommended with any 10.6 update? I would stuck with 10.6.3 or 10.6.6...should i use v 3.8 or some earlier distribution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back