Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 3.8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan said:
TUFF Stough said:
In the previous version (3.7.3), you put this into the explanation of NVEnabler:

Injects NVIDIA Graphics card information to enable full acceleration on older NVIDIA cards. Also known to solve TV-OUT and mirroring issues. 32/64 bit. Installed in /Extra/Extensions. Install with System Utilities tasks.

With the deletion of NVEnabler in 3.8, does it mean acceleration of older NVidia cards will be no longer supported?
Chimera and Chameleon support 8xxx and newer cards. 7xxx cards are no longer supported by Apple. The only time you might need NVEnabler on a 8xxx or 9xxx card is when using TV-Out to get mirroring of the DVI/VGA port to TV port.
Then in my case, I'll stick with NVEnabler.

I wonder what generating CPU states is for and if it's recommended for my system?

Dnerve said:
Seems it messed up my screen resolution and GFX acceleration.

Stuck @1024x768.

All I did was install new FakeSMC and plugins and IOPCIFamily Fix and chimera.

I removed the plugins and even re-installed latest nvidia drivers with no results....

I suspect it to be either chimera or IOPCIFamily Fix but how to revert? mkext.backup not an option as ran several instances of kexthelper over... :banghead:

Any ideas?

Anyone? Seems I am alone on this...

Dnerve said:
Seems it messed up my screen resolution and GFX acceleration.

Stuck @1024x768.

All I did was install new FakeSMC and plugins and IOPCIFamily Fix and chimera.

I removed the plugins and even re-installed latest nvidia drivers with no results....

I suspect it to be either chimera or IOPCIFamily Fix but how to revert? mkext.backup not an option as ran several instances of kexthelper over... :banghead:

Any ideas?

Ok Tried everything, Re-applied 10.6.8 combo, Ran Multibeast with above options from scratch, Re-installed latest nvidia drivers THEN rebooted.

GFX is not longer properly working with resolution @1024x786 and no acceleration.

All I got working is boot in every-time (would hang 1,2 out of three at PCI thingy) and spinning wheel at bootscreen (which had disappeared with 10.6.8 update).

Fermi Support is ruined on my system... :(

EDIT: "This topic is for bug reporting and feedback only." Sorry! Feel free to delete those post, will create thread. But then again, if breaking systems is not debugging what is...:/

Hi everyone,

Hmmmm... a question...
In the download part, the version of multibeast is 3.7.3, where I can download the 3.8 ver.?

=)

See ya!

EDIT:

I get it!
T_T sorry for the question

Ok, after lots of trials, seems IOPCIFamily Fix is the culprit.

Even though it solves booting hanging randomly at PCI configuration and gets a spinning wheel back to the Apple bootscreen, it breaks QE/CI on my GTX 470 with lates nvidia drivers.

I had to reapply 10.6.8 combo update to revert IOPCIFamily.kext then run multibeast without Fix to get back to working state. I hope this input will help improve the awesome Mulibeast!

Can anyone with Fermi card report similar issue? Seems there is very little feedback....

Computer crashed after update and before I could run multibe

After I ran the update to 10.6.8 my computer crashed while running multibeast and now I am getting panic errors.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get my computer back up and running?

Hey,

Try booting with iBoot CD then run again multibeast from there...

I don't mean to seem like an idiot but I'm having trouble burning the iBoot CD.

I don't think its burning as an image. Can you help?

demianariel said:
Question:

For a Intel Core i7 Is recomended to use Boot Options > Generate CPU States?
It is recommended on X58 and Sandy Bridge systems if you DON"T have CPU power states in the DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back