Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 3.2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
zuz242 said:
after updating some option with multibeast 3.2 i just experienced this problem:

on my dual monitor (dvi) setup, my primary screen started to switch between normal pic, black and "noise". only the display was affected, as the (invisible) mouse could still drag the windows to the other screen etc ..

this happened as i updated my bootloader (ati experimental, new since mb 3.1). the culprit seems to be "Updated Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental (Kabyl branch) to r700".
after downgrading with mb 3.0, everything seems back to normal (full ati 64bit) ..

is it just me and this bootloader or did anything else got changed?

Does it look something like this:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYbE3xa_rEY[/VIDEO]

I've gotten this a few times as well. It doesn't appear to be damaging anything, and a quick restart "fixes" the issue. However, I would like to know what's causing it and hopefully fix it permanently.

DoctorWho said:
Does it look something like this:
I've gotten this a few times as well. It doesn't appear to be damaging anything, and a quick restart "fixes" the issue. However, I would like to know what's causing it and hopefully fix it permanently.

yes, thats the effect. a "quick restart" is not a real solution for me, especially as the quirk remains.
but going back to the older kabyl bootloader fixed this error.

Running a Intel DP55KG with a Radeon HD 5770 card. iBoot 2.6.3 crashes when trying ot use it. iBoot ATI 5xxx works. However, after using Multibeast 3.2....everything crashes on startup.

Gatorman said:
Running a Intel DP55KG with a Radeon HD 5770 card. iBoot 2.6.3 crashes when trying ot use it. iBoot ATI 5xxx works. However, after using Multibeast 3.2....everything crashes on startup.
Where did you found that iBoot ATI 5xxx cd?

karacho said:
Gatorman said:
Where did you found that iBoot ATI 5xxx cd?

I googled it and it showed up for download through mediafire, I think.

Figured out my problem. ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext causes kernal panics in the Intel DP55KG motherboards. I'd think it'd be safe to say all Intel Mobos...but I'm not for certain. At any rate, iBoot versions that are pre-ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext work fine and install. The same goes for Multibeast. I installed SL with iBoot ATI-5xxx-3 and Multibeast 2.5.1 successfullly without kernal panic.

....The only problem is my HD 5770 now, but that's a whole different matter. :rolleyes:

Gatorman said:
Figured out my problem. ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext causes kernal panics in the Intel DP55KG motherboards. I'd think it'd be safe to say all Intel Mobos...but I'm not for certain. At any rate, iBoot versions that are pre-ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext work fine and install. The same goes for Multibeast. I installed SL with iBoot ATI-5xxx-3 and Multibeast 2.5.1 successfullly without kernal panic.

....The only problem is my HD 5770 now, but that's a whole different matter. :rolleyes:

Yeah- that's it- we're gonna roll back and remove that LegacyRTC from iBoot asap. Thanks for the info. As for the 5770- try Chameleon ATI Experimental and GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Pardon my lack of knowledge about MultiBeast, but does it contain the HDAEnabler.kext which gets placed in /S/L/E during a rollback? As I reported in a thread this weekend, my HDAEnabler was corrupt, and AFAIK all I did was run MultiBeast to try to update the kexts.

The date on the file was January 2011, so it doesn't seem that this particular copy would be an Apple kext.

Are we going to see an update to Multibeast, too, reflecting the AppleLegacyRTC vs. ElliottForceLegacyRTC?

I was just curious. Thanks for the 2.7 update! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back