Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 3.2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding. Well, I still think he had a good idea. Let's see...if I pick a MB, I'd get the right audio & Lan drivers. If I pick a graphics card, I'd get the right (or no) driver. Simple. :thumbup:

If I build a system based upon the recommended configurations, I could just pick Basic System 1 (or whatever) and...Boom! I'd get the setup I'd need. Life doesn't get any better than that. :headbang:

So, can there be a simple way and an advanced way? Just asking, mind you.

Stork said:
No kidding. Well, I still think he had a good idea. Let's see...if I pick a MB, I'd get the right audio & Lan drivers. If I pick a graphics card, I'd get the right (or no) driver. Simple. :thumbup:

If I build a system based upon the recommended configurations, I could just pick Basic System 1 (or whatever) and...Boom! I'd get the setup I'd need. Life doesn't get any better than that. :headbang:

So, can there be a simple way and an advanced way? Just asking, mind you.
I think it would be enough if the maintainer would colorized the kext's installed by Multibeast (Easybeast) so that users can easier find them to delete one or more if **** happened. Or that Multibeast would delete (uninstall) all the stuff if ticked the same options again

Hi, My Computer is working with snow leopard 10.6.6 but after loading some software dvd's on an error 36 (i think) comes up and the drive will open and shut but snow leopard wont respond as if the ROM is not connected. I switched the PC off and come back later and put a CD in and itunes opened and it played that, so I put the DVD i had trouble with in and it worked for a while but again it stopped after an error message.

Also if I leave the Computer running after some time it will automatically go into a sort of sleep mode but i can't wake it up and have to reboot to get it running again. Farther more when i enter sleep mode same thing i can't wake it up and again have to reboot. I am only new to this and I am surprised I have come this far, Motherboard is Gigabyte X58A-UD5 with an Intel i7-930 LGA1366 processor, Zotac Geforce GTS250 NVIDIA Graphics Card and 6x2GB=12GB total, TEAM Elite DDR1333 RAM.

ringtree said:
Hi, My Computer is working with snow leopard 10.6.6 but after loading some software dvd's on an error 36 (i think) comes up and the drive will open and shut but snow leopard wont respond as if the ROM is not connected. I switched the PC off and come back later and put a CD in and itunes opened and it played that, so I put the DVD i had trouble with in and it worked for a while but again it stopped after an error message.

Also if I leave the Computer running after some time it will automatically go into a sort of sleep mode but i can't wake it up and have to reboot to get it running again. Farther more when i enter sleep mode same thing i can't wake it up and again have to reboot. I am only new to this and I am surprised I have come this far, Motherboard is Gigabyte X58A-UD5 with an Intel i7-930 LGA1366 processor, Zotac Geforce GTS250 NVIDIA Graphics Card and 6x2GB=12GB total, TEAM Elite DDR1333 RAM.
Which options you'd ticked in Multibeast? have a look to my energy saver options...it works fine with that optionsBildschirmfoto 2011-02-12 um 13.40.36.png

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-02-12 um 13.40.36.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-02-12 um 13.40.36.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 172
forbiddenfruit said:
Hello. Just had an idea that may help you develop your MultiBeast application to make it even better .........

My 2 cents ....

I was brand new to OSX86 in September last year and so because it was my first build I followed the CustoMac build components and I followed the guide that was written my MacMan and the guys were kind enough to answer all my questions when I had issues with this install and help get my system rock solid and functioning just like a real MacPro (only much faster and cheaper! :clap: )

I think that if you are brand new to OSX86 that people should follow one of the recommended installs which are well supported by the community. One of the reasons that Apple cut down on their hardware issues is to limit the amount of hardware that you can run on OSX and I think it wouldn't be such a bad thing here for guys who are complete newbies.

MultiBeast is an excellent app and makes installing Chameleon and getting your system up and running very very quickly. There is a lot of fragmentation out the because people buy different sets of hardware and then get stuck when it doesn't work as intended. For example people getting 5770s that aren't the reference design - I can't think the amount of time that I've spent helping people out on getting their ATI cards working by trying different frame buffers which I do to continue to help people.

The long and the short my point is, if it's your first build then I'd suggest following a guide written by MacMan, Tony or Lnx2Mac or pick any of the excellent guides written by the community in the User Builds section. People have spent a large amount of time writing these and giving step by step install methods, screen shots and if you follow their guides with their hardware then all should be good.

I don't think it's really fair to ask MacMan and Tony to spend a lot of time putting together the GUI and coding into MultiBeast for motherboards & graphics cards as I'd rather that they had the time free to experiment with new things such as getting HDMI audio working on more cards or MacMan's Reltek 8XXHDA or Lnx2Mac's ethernet 81XX drivers.

Sorry if this sounds grumpy but I think the guys do an excellent job and the software if very straight forward to use as it is. I think they'd only end up with endless requests to add this motherboard or this new DSDT etc into MutliBeast every time a new one came out and it would make it a large burden to maintain.

notshy said:
forbiddenfruit said:
Hello. Just had an idea that may help you develop your MultiBeast application to make it even better .........

My 2 cents ....

I was brand new to OSX86 in September last year and so because it was my first build I followed the CustoMac build components and I followed the guide that was written my MacMan and the guys were kind enough to answer all my questions when I had issues with this install and help get my system rock solid and functioning just like a real MacPro (only much faster and cheaper! :clap: )

I think that if you are brand new to OSX86 that people should follow one of the recommended installs which are well supported by the community. One of the reasons that Apple cut down on their hardware issues is to limit the amount of hardware that you can run on OSX and I think it wouldn't be such a bad thing here for guys who are complete newbies.

MultiBeast is an excellent app and makes installing Chameleon and getting your system up and running very very quickly. There is a lot of fragmentation out the because people buy different sets of hardware and then get stuck when it doesn't work as intended. For example people getting 5770s that aren't the reference design - I can't think the amount of time that I've spent helping people out on getting their ATI cards working by trying different frame buffers which I do to continue to help people.

The long and the short my point is, if it's your first build then I'd suggest following a guide written by MacMan, Tony or Lnx2Mac or pick any of the excellent guides written by the community in the User Builds section. People have spent a large amount of time writing these and giving step by step install methods, screen shots and if you follow their guides with their hardware then all should be good.

I don't think it's really fair to ask MacMan and Tony to spend a lot of time putting together the GUI and coding into MultiBeast for motherboards & graphics cards as I'd rather that they had the time free to experiment with new things such as getting HDMI audio working on more cards or MacMan's Reltek 8XXHDA or Lnx2Mac's ethernet 81XX drivers.

Sorry if this sounds grumpy but I think the guys do an excellent job and the software if very straight forward to use as it is. I think they'd only end up with endless requests to add this motherboard or this new DSDT etc into MutliBeast every time a new one came out and it would make it a large burden to maintain.
:clap:

Yeah :headbang:
Still have pb with sound but already really impressed !

How do i get the highest resolution. as i am using Multibeast 3.2.0 and getting resolution of 1024x768. It doesnt update my Asus Nvidia 8400GS graphic card to full functionality. :confused:

after updating some option with multibeast 3.2 i just experienced this problem:

on my dual monitor (dvi) setup, my primary screen started to switch between normal pic, black and "noise". only the display was affected, as the (invisible) mouse could still drag the windows to the other screen etc ..

this happened as i updated my bootloader (ati experimental, new since mb 3.1). the culprit seems to be "Updated Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental (Kabyl branch) to r700".
after downgrading with mb 3.0, everything seems back to normal (full ati 64bit) ..

is it just me and this bootloader or did anything else got changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back