Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 3.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
karacho said:
cmd-Z said:
Thanks Karacho and Macman, I now have 10.6.6 running using Multibeast 3.0.3, I installed Snow Leopard from iboot over my previous installation, ran the 10.6.6 combo update and installed multibeast using only DSDT, the ATA & SATA and repaired disk permissions, I also used the MacPro 5,1 definition, then I installed the Realtek standalone installer after this

:thumbup:
I installed the latest VoodooHDA installer. Everything works fine now, however all my audio equipment is outboard so I do not use the inboard audio I/O.

But why you use VoodooHDA for Audio? In my example i havn't checked that. My audio (out an inboard I/O) works fine without any plops or cracks or soundnoises from injection.

I used voodoo as I was getting KP from two apple elements calling for my no longer existing VoodooHDA, as all my audio is outboard it didn't worry about the Mobo audio codec.

cmd-Z said:
I used voodoo as I was getting KP from two apple elements calling for my no longer existing VoodooHDA, as all my audio is outboard it didn't worry about the Mobo audio codec.
I don't know what you're doing there exactly, but i give you an hint...before installing an audio kext you have to delete any other audio kexts. And after all you must rebuild kextcaches and permissions. Try the following...but only if you have a DSDT installed, otherwise let it as it is if you're lucky with that.

Delete the VoodooHDA.kext (you can install it later again with the installer u used before, if something not works as expectedand ). Run Multibeast with that example.
Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-08 um 14.33.29.png

Run Disk Utility, select your OSX HD on the left pane and repair permissions on that drive. Reboot. Give it a try.

BTW, a good idea is to create a signature with your specs. ;)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-08 um 14.33.29.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 289
karacho said:

:lol: Forum FAQ - No 3 :lol:
http://tonymacx86.com/faq.php?sid=60cc2cb2ce8d076e2d6e3d43853660b2
» 3. Put Hardware Specs in Signatures and Profile
Getting help is easier when other users know your hardware. Please update your profile to include your system configuration in addition to placing them in your signature. It is important to put your specific system configuration into your signature. At the minium, provide your CPU, Motherboard, and Graphics information and preferably include your BIOS and Operating System versions. It will greatly improve your chances of getting the right person to help you, possibly even someone with your exact build. Then when you provide help, everyone will know what type of system you are using.

karacho said:
cmd-Z said:
I don't know what you're doing there exactly, but i give you an hint...before installing an audio kext you have to delete any other audio kexts. And after all you must rebuild kextcaches and permissions. Try the following...but only if you have a DSDT installed, otherwise let it as it is if you're lucky with that.

Delete the VoodooHDA.kext (you can install it later again with the installer u used before, if something not works as expectedand ). Run Multibeast with that example.

Run Disk Utility, select your OSX HD on the left pane and repair permissions on that drive. Reboot. Give it a try.

Hi Karacho, thank you for the above, this what I tried initially but came back with KP, I couldn't track down the rogue VoodooHDA so removed the new codec and updated VoodooHDA which actually enabled all the audio ports even though I don't need them, I think I'll leave my kexts as they are for now as it works just as I need it fir now, but will try your advice when I install an audio card with SPDIF I/Os, thanks again.

Thanks Notshy, now added my specs in my sig.

cmd-Z said:
Hi Karacho, thank you for the above, this what I tried initially but came back with KP, I couldn't track down the rogue VoodooHDA so removed the new codec and updated VoodooHDA which actually enabled all the audio ports even though I don't need them, I think I'll leave my kexts as they are for now as it works just as I need it fir now, but will try your advice when I install an audio card with SPDIF I/Os, thanks again.
Ok, that's no problem if your'e happy with that :D
BTW...as i wrote before, i didn't use the new Multibeast so far and i wouldn't do in the future because i'm installing my kexts, DSDT's and smbios.plist always by hand by using only Kext Utility and Disk Utility to repair permissions.
And for my Audio i only use one single kext. It's an AppleHDA.kext from somewhere (i don't remember exactly from where i downloaded it) which contains some plugins, but without HDAEnabler as plugin. I havn't any Enabler on my system.

notshy said:
It will greatly improve your chances of getting the right person to help you, possibly even someone with your exact build. Then when you provide help, everyone will know what type of system you are using.
Where to buy the Retail OSX 10.6.6 in your signature? :D

Re: MultiBeast 3.0.0

Where is the thread that shows Tony's & forum member's Multibeast recommendations? Thought it was great.

Also: Would it be useful to have a permanent place for samples of what to check in Multibeast when upgrading? Folks could point to that posting when asked for Multibeast guidance.
Maybe also include it in the iBoot/Multibeast documentation.The one that explains what changes Multibeast actually makes [kexts,System Utility,etc.]

For example:
Multibeast 3.03 graphic showing the checks to use when going from Retail 10.6.3 to combo 10.6.5 [until 10.6.6 this was the most needed]
Multibeast 3.03 graphic showing the checks to use when going from Retail 10.6.3 to combo 10.6.6 [this is or will be the most needed]
Multibeast 3.03 graphic showing the checks to use when going from 10.6.4 to combo 10.6.5
Multibeast 3.03 graphic showing the checks to use when going from 10.6.5 to 10.6.6
I think the samples posted could be limited to those needed by the largest number of upgraders.

karacho said:
Where to buy the Retail OSX 10.6.6 in your signature? :D

Ssshhhhh - it's a secret ! :silent:

Feature request
- New FakeSMC's that can now be added to /Extra

A few of us have been following the improvements to FakeSMC at OSX Projects and after updating FakeSMC to be installed in S/L/E to show more hardware stats - they've now combined the project back with the project for FakeSMC in /Extra.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8384

They are now a couple of revisions in and they seem to be fairly good and not causing any issues (unlike the ones in S/L/E which knocked out virtual network connections in virtualisation programs like Parallels, etc).

There is some configuration needed i.e. if you have a nVidia card or if you have an ATI/AMD card and there are also a couple of options for the CPU monitoring kext for intel chips.

Could maybe do a couple of options under FakeSMC:
- Safe Option - FakeSMC (old version)
- Experiemental - FakeSMC for ATI + Intel CPU
- Experiemental - FakeSMC for nVidia + Intel CPU

It might just open a t*****t of people with KPs if they can't set it up properly but maybe it would be good to get some more people testing safe combinations for certain hardware configs. But to be honest 90% of the users of this forum have Intel i3/5/7 and Gigabyte boards with either ATI or nVidia so probably not too hard to test.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back