Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 2.0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MultiBeast 2.0.0- MBR changes?

Hey peoples-
I'm still in a state of shock at the apparent corruption of the boot record or partition table which has happened since installing OSX and Multibeast etc. I'm trying to work out if this is a one-off or if there's something inherent in my setup and the way Multibeast/chameleon works that means maybe my setup is no good for this kind of tinkering.

My win7 data drive (d drive) has disappeared and is showing only as E: RAW partition. I believe something may have happened when using multibeast to select the Win7 partition to boot into. My D drive was protected using bitlocker (win7 Ultimate)- and was last seen before my OSX attempts- I'm not sure if the change to AHCI did some damage to it (have since reverted to IDE, but still it's not showing up) OR if I selected the wrong option at the Multibeast boot screen, and some changes were made to the drive?

My first attempt at multibooting presented me with 3 options- Snow Leopard, System Reserved (with a windows icon) and NTFS (windows icon)... I selected the NTFS one the first time, and I suspect this is where things went wrong. I think that may have been my D drive, Multibeast has attempted to boot it- and something has since changed in the partition table.... That partition has not been showing up since- either in Win7, or as a boot option in Multibeast.

I've researched & tried several "data recovery" tools, but so far none have even made a successful pass at scanning the drive (bad boot record or something)- it's not meant to be a bootable drive anyway?

I would be overjoyed if someone can help me recover my D drive, and also let me know if this is safe to try ever again with Multibeast etc...

Thanks in advance... =)

Re: MultiBeast 2.0.0

Hi MacMan and tonymacx86 and rest of the members.
I used iBoot Supported 2.0 and the install went fine from the retail disc. Everything is working etc. but I have a slight problem. After using MultiBeast to install Chameleon, the bootloader shows up and stuff, although it doesn't want to boot. It counts down the time, the grey apple screen appears for half a second and then vanishes. Reboot. Kinda stuck in a loop, but when I pop in the iBoot CD and boot from there from the harddrive, everything works fine. Also, I'm running 1.6 and haven't had the time to update to 1.6.3 yet. If that might be the problem, I'll do that.
The text is a bit messy, I hope you still understand me.
I'm grateful for iBoot for making the installation so simple, but still need help, since I'm a moron in dualbooting OS X (linux and windows is easy :p).
PS! OS X is on it's own drive, so I can do whatever needed.

Cont3stant said:
Also, I'm running 1.6 and haven't had the time to update to 1.6.3 yet. If that might be the problem, I'll do that.

Yeah- update to 10.6.3- and you'll be ok- you can't run the 10.6 vanilla kernel ont he i5 750. :D

tonymacx86 said:
Cont3stant said:
Also, I'm running 1.6 and haven't had the time to update to 1.6.3 yet. If that might be the problem, I'll do that.

Yeah- update to 10.6.3- and you'll be ok- you can't run the 10.6 vanilla kernel ont he i5 750. :D
Thanks!
I think I am running on the Vanilla kernel, but who knows :D
/edit: update worked! :)

*cough* um.. genuine concern about safety of partition tables etc using multibeast/iboot... ^^^ *cough*\

sorry- feeling a little neglected here...

:? So I'm trying to get a bootable Snow Leopard on an ASrock X58 Extreme Core i7-930 system. Not the target for iBoot but it's the one I've had the best luck with - even though Socket 1366 isn't what it's intended for. I've almost gotten a bootable system but not quite there yet. When trying to use Multibeast 2, it only makes things worse. All BIOS settings at bare minimum (core = 1, maxcpu=20, etc. except for SATA and power settings). As for video, even though I've got an MSI GTS-250, I can't seem to get a correct kext for it. If I boot off of the iBoot CD, I DO get correct video res and acceleration as well as sound which was a nice surprise at the OS X welcome screen.

I'd appreciate any help in getting a stable AND bootable Snow Leopard. Maybe even with WiFi (I've got a D-Link DWA-125 802.11N USB antenna working on the Win 7 side that would be nice to use under SL).

Where can I find USBFamilyMOD 9.9.9? i want to try to upgrade to 10.6.4 but have no USB. thanks!

patchoulol said:
The plops happen when playing a sound when no sound has been played for a while. Like if the sound card/driver was waking up from sleep.
In fact, it is the same plops which you hear during the startup and the shutdown of the computer when using MacPro4,1.

Well, 10.6.4 fixed the issue. I now have Speedstep and great sound using MacPro4,1 i7 !

disneytoy said:
Where can I find USBFamilyMOD 9.9.9? i want to try to upgrade to 10.6.4 but have no USB. thanks!

It's coming in the next rev of MultiBeast. :)

tonymacx86 said:
It's coming in the next rev of MultiBeast. :)

Not anymore :p
For those wondering what I mean, check update 2.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back