Contribute
Register

.:: Multi-Boot Tips & Tricks ::.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not able to use vmware or parallel. Can you help me out any further?

I'm using the latest version of VMware (6.0.2), I downloaded and Installed Parallel, It's working with the default settings (actually there is nothing important to do with the settings). I just used the import boot-camp and after 3-4min I was using windows through Mac.

Is Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel-VT) enabled in BIOS? If not enable it and try again. It should work.

I'm using the latest version of VMware (6.0.2), I downloaded and Installed Parallel, It's working with the default settings (actually there is nothing important to do with the settings). I just used the import boot-camp and after 3-4min I was using windows through Mac.

Is Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel-VT) enabled in BIOS? If not enable it and try again. It should work.

Thanks i didnt have Intel Vt on. I enabled it and tried again but i still get this message and don't know what to do. Sorry i'm not more knowledgeable:cry: Untitled.jpg

Thanks i didnt have Intel Vt on. I enabled it and tried again but i still get this message and don't know what to do. Sorry i'm not more knowledgeable:cry:View attachment 75534

I'm not sure about Windows Legacy but Windows UEFI works fine with me:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

EDIT: I think the problem because your bootloader (Chameleon) lies on your OS X partition, and Parallels can't unmount OS X partition, so it can't load.

Thanks i didnt have Intel Vt on. I enabled it and tried again but i still get this message and don't know what to do. Sorry i'm not more knowledgeable:cry:View attachment 75534

Using Disk Utility run a check on windows drive and if it doesn't work re-install windows...

I was using it without any problem in legacy mode (using chameleon) so it should work.

When you start Parallels, does it show Clover bootscreen, or just start Windows?

When you didn't install Clover, does Parallels work?

When you start Parallels, does it show Clover bootscreen, or just start Windows?

When you didn't install Clover, does Parallels work?

Starting Parallel or VMware it boots right into windows without any other bootloader, I think the virtualization softwares use windows bootmanager for booting the OS.

Yes, Parallel works, in both UEFI and Legacy mode.

Starting Parallel or VMware it boots right into windows without any other bootloader, I think the virtualization softwares use windows bootmanager for booting the OS.

Yes, Parallel works, in both UEFI and Legacy mode.

I did the disk check and apparently there was alot wrong with the Win partition. Could you give a brief step by step on you did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back