Contribute
Register

MSi Z87 Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have the same MSi Z87-41?

If so, I installed with Easybest and boot flag with -v -x npci=0x3000/2000 PCIRootUID=1 or 0. Just combine it. If work could you tell so someone else will use it!

Just thought I'd add in on this. Same setup as most of you - MSI Z87 G45 motherboard, i7 4770k, GTX 780. Tried creating a bootable USB drive using the guide using 10.8.5, and configured my BIOS settings the same way you did. When I boot into the flash drive, the screen stays blank for about 10 seconds, then a gray screen (with what I swear is an apple logo in the center) flashes for about a half a second, then the computer restarts itself. Has anyone been able to install OS X with this motherboard?

I have have the almost same setup, I have the MSI Z87 G45, i5 4670K, GTX 760, and I have the exact same problem, whenever i try to load the USB Installation that i had before, it wouldn't load, it would be blank and then flash something, with an apple logo, and then close all suddenly. Any Help? Right now, I am recreating the USB Drive, trying to see what will work, since some people said that they just kept on trying. I would love to see if anyone has a solution to this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Rhexos,

See message #17. Do the patch as the video shows. After that, your USB will boot and proceed with the install guide.

I just patched a MSI Z87I ac MB that would not start the install due to the Power Management bios issue. Violá. Installing Mavericks as we speak on my other machine.

Hello!

I'm using a MSI Z97-Gaming 7 mobo and I'm attempting to patch the BIOS. I ran pmpatch and was given a "patched bios" file. This is what I got, but I do not feel it's correct.
PmPatch.png
The Powermanagement modules were not found (I feel like this is what i'm trying to patch)
However, PowermgmtDxe/Powermanagement2.efi module at 00248e8 was patched.

Thanks for your time!!

Hello!

I'm using a MSI Z97-Gaming 7 mobo and I'm attempting to patch the BIOS. I ran pmpatch and was given a "patched bios" file. This is what I got, but I do not feel it's correct.
View attachment 99095
The Powermanagement modules were not found (I feel like this is what i'm trying to patch)
However, PowermgmtDxe/Powermanagement2.efi module at 00248e8 was patched.

Thanks for your time!!

That should be fine. The general rule of thumb with pmpatch is that if it has found something to patch, and says 'Output file generated' at the end, you are good to go.

I just did it like I saw on the Utube video and I do NOT remember the output screen. After that, I just booted into my Hack without use of the USB stick and completed my install with MultiBeast.

Did you just try it?

I have a 4770k with a Z87-g45 and a Gtx 980, i didnt change any bios boot options and i was able to install but its not letting me boot into the drive its Installed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back