Contribute
Register

MSi Z87 Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely possible to do it with this motherboard. I was able to do it by pmpatching the latest version of the uefi bios. The only issue seems to be that there is no hope of getting the built in ethernet to work.

Killer e2200 gigabyte ethernet card can run under Mac Os 10.9, but at your own risk according to this:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/120084-working-kext-killer-e2200.html

Haven't played with kextwizzard or other software so it's still unclear to me to how to install kexts the right way so I won't be getting errors from the system.

The 10.9.1 installer made with UniBeast 3.0.1 works when I use flags:
-x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -f

and after the installation when using the same flags (while keeping the usb pendrive plugged) the system boots too with some delays.

My problem is that I have no idea what I can check in MultiBeast 6.01 to make display work at 1920x1080 resolution etc. Whatever I select (even just change of bootflags) I get an fatal error. My guess is that I need bootloader installed first :banghead:

Did anyone tried patching the new BIOS/EFI for MSI-Z87 G45 Gaming - v1.6 yet?

Hi Guys,

It seems like some of you have had success, but I don't really understand what you did to get it to work... I'm trying to install Mavericks on a Z87-G41 PC Mate with a Core i3 4340 no peripherals (like graphics card, network adapter etc.). I followed the basic tonymac guide for it. The USB shows up when I turn on the computer but--like someone else in the thread--it shows the logo for a brief moment then restarts. Haven't figured out what to do please help!

pmpatch removes the locked msr for osx. windows and linux will work fine no issues.if its locked u will have no power management and need nullcpupowermanagement for 6/7 intel series. its now in the kernel so null won't work on 8 without patching bios first. before it was in System/Library/Extensions now in kernel

pmpatch removes the locked msr for osx. windows and linux will work fine no issues.if its locked u will have no power management and need nullcpupowermanagement for 6/7 intel series. its now in the kernel so null won't work on 8 without patching bios first. before it was in System/Library/Extensions now in kernel

How are you finding the MSI Z87 boards with Mavericks ? I've been looking at one but cant make my mind up yet.

I've done 2 haswell msi builds both i3 4340 z87-g41pcmate micro center special and z87-g43 both have out lasted 2 ga builds one blew caps 2nd complete failure onboard gfx died memory dims bad sata 3 speeds were sata 2 speeds 300mb or less with ssd. both ga builds died within 10 days each i will no longer use ga in any build. plan on dsdt edits as pjalm says no mobo is perfect not even ga. sleep works on both via power button.

update i have flashed stock bios on both msi builds now using clover binary patch for KernelPm yes in config. patching your bios isnt needed now

I patched the bios and everything. I started running Mavericks and the apple logo came up and a wheel came up. It spun for a little and then moved to a white screen with a colorful pinwheel. What should I do??

I patched the bios and everything. I started running Mavericks and the apple logo came up and a wheel came up. It spun for a little and then moved to a white screen with a colorful pinwheel. What should I do??
I also have a ssd running windows 8 should i do anything with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back