Mac
  1. Mac Pro
The Build:
MSI x99s Gaming 9 ACK
Intel 5930k
Samsung 850 EVO
Thor V2 Case
H100i Corsair
GTX 980 windforce gamer card (didn't have to take out)
Rosewell Photon 1200 Power

Did the unibeast/clover install
boot flags for unibeast install:
-v, -x, GraphicsEnabler=No, nv_disable=1, UseKernelCache=No, nvda_drv=1, cpus=1, npci=0x2000
Once the install/kernel patch and 980 drivers installed I could boot just fine with -v, GraphicsEnabler=No, npci=0x2000, UseKernelCache=No, nvda_drv=1,

Once it was installed and I had patched the Kernel and the web drivers for the 980 i restarted and started the clover install:

Clover:
Install for UEFI booting only
Install clover in the ESP
EmuVariableUefi-64
OSXAptioFixDrv-64

Clover Configurator Boot:
-v, slide=0, npci=0x2000 tried 3000 to, kext-devmode=1, nvda_drv=1

Get Stuck here everytime unfortunately on clover bootup. Please Help!!!
IMG_1015.jpgIMG_1015.jpg

MSI x99s Gaming 9 ACK Post Unibeast Clover Install Yosemite WORKS

Figured I should update this. I got this to WORK on clover after the unibeast installer with a x99s Gaming Mobo. I'll give the boot flags for unibeast and the clover configurations I used to get it to work with my build. Everything is up an running. The only thing that still alludes me is a way to get it to recognize a Killer 1525 module. Soooo I have bluetooth and all is good there but the wifi side of things is still acting up. I think ill probably just get a card. I digress, I will now tell all the boot flags and the clover configurations but for an in depth guide on how to do this check out Bob Roche's channel.

Original Pre-Install Unibeast Boot flags:
-v, -x, GraphicsEnabler=No, nv_disable=1, npci=0x2000, cpus=1, UseKernelCache=No, nvda_drv=1

Post-Install Unibeast Boot Flags:
-v, GraphicsEnabler=No, npci=0x2000, UseKernelCache=No, nvda_drv=1

Clover Install Configuration:
Install Clover in the ESP
EmuVariableUefi-64
OsxAptioFixDrv-64
Install RC scripts on target volume
Install Clover Preference Pane

Clover Configurator Boot Flags:
npci=0x2000
nvda_drv=1
kext-dev-mode=1
AHCI Patch

Thats what i used to make it work. Now if you'll excuse me I have more tinkering to do.

Hi,

i have the MSI MPower X99S with 5960x and GTX 210 for pre and GTX Titan X for post installation.

i can't bring it to the installation with your guide. getting stuck in "PCI..... "

any ideas? :(

Sorry this is probably too late to help but did you ever try the titanx in the system with the nv_disable=1 bootflag? It takes a heck of a long time to get into the installer (took almost an hour) and the display is super laggy but it was able to install like that for me. Did you follow the Bob Roche Tutorial? He's the guy I originally copied and then altered his steps to get it to work. Also since it is stalling on PCI I'm curious which slot you have it in? all the other slots are open yes? Basically give it a shot with the titanx and have the nv_disble=1 bootflag to just try. Most of all watch bob roche he's much better at explaining all this than me.

The other thing I forgot to mention in the posts is that in order to get the audio to work off the hdmi as well as the other ports was to download the appropriate realtek 1150alc kext (appleHDA) from insanelymacforums if I remember correctly as well as voodoo hda. that got everything running for me. You just paste the kexts into the 10.10 folder of the kext folder in with the clover files on the correct efi partition you have everything running off of. Of course you do all that after everything else is up and running.

I was unable to get the final bluetooth and wifi working with native hardware on the mobo so i got the hackintosh adapter from osxwifi and it works fine. Does what I needed.

[SUCCESS] MSI x99s Gaming 9 ACK Unibeast/Clover Install Yosemite

Here's a rough list of what i did to get my configuration up and running. I sadly won't be of any real use to anyone as i hardly ever check this profile so i'm sorry if i don't get back to you. I recommend you watch the instructional video by Bob Roche on youtube to get the gist of where i'm coming from so...yeah. Here ya go

PARTS IN THE SYSTEM
MSI X99S GAMING 9 ACK
5930K INTEL PROCESSOR
H100I RADIATER
32 GB 2800 RAM
GIGABYTE GTX 980 WINDFORCE GAMING EDITION
500GB SAMSUNG PRO SSD
4TB SEAGATE HAR DRIVE
HACKINTOSH WIFI/BLUETOOTH CARD FROM OSXWIFI

Hacintosh Guide

Format a USB bigger than 8GB to MASTER BOOT RECORD

Download Yosemite from mac computer

Use Unibeast 5.1.0 to create bootable drive

then hit control, shift G on finder then enter /Volumes/USBNAME/Extra/Extensions

Drag in the kexts needed (all i need is voodootscsync.kext)

Then go to terminal and build enter the X99 kernel patch
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USBNAME/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

(KERNEL PATCH FROM stinga11)

Now we have a bootable unibeast drive

Plug in unibeast drive and set to boot from the USB drive in the bios but we need to do something first

disable vt-d and cfg lock. These will interfere with the boot up

now boot into the usb

choose to boot from the USB Unibeast drive

enter in the booftlags needed for me they're (-v, -x, GraphicsEnabler=No, nv_disable=1, npci=0x2000, cpus=1, UseKernelCache=No, nvda_drv=1)

the installer will take a long time to boot in

go to disk utility and format the intended destination with the name you want and 1 partition in GUID, apply the changes than install Yosemite to this drive.

once thats done boot back into the USB drive used to install and go back into the installer.
go to terminal and enter this command in to copy the x99 kernel patch to the installed hard drive

cp -R /Volumes/USBNAMEHERE/System/Library/Kernels/kernel/Volumes/
YOSEMITEDRIVENAME/System/Library/Kernels/

(all continuous)

Make sure to sub in the correct drive and usb names to transfer the kernel patch no spaces if your names for the drives are more than one word

now boot back into the USB drive but select the drive you installed Yosemite on with the correct boot flags. Mine are (-v, GraphicsEnabler=No, nv_disable=1, npci=0x2000, UseKernelCache=No, nvda_drv=1)
Still have the graphics card disabled since we don’t have the drivers yet.
INSTALL GRAPHICS DRIVERS IF NEEDED IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER GRAPHICS CARD YOU MAY NOT NEED nv_disable at all!

once booted in install clover 3193 later versions weren't working right when i made this guide.
Choose custom install and select the parts needed i needed (Clover Install Configuration:
Install Clover in the ESP
EmuVariableUefi-64
OsxAptioFixDrv-64
Install RC scripts on target volume
Install Clover Preference Pane)

That got me up and running in clover. Next use the EFI Mounting program and mount the efi partition of the disk you're booted into. Enter clover configurator, and go to file import configuration and navigate to EFI->Clover and import the config.plist found there. I switched mine out for one titled “simple-config.plist”.

once you have imported it navigate to the boot section and choose the boot flags needed. for me they wereClover Configurator Boot Flags:
npci=0x2000
nvda_drv=1
kext-dev-mode=1
This made sure that my computer booted smoothly.
Export the configuration and good to go!

One final thing to do before we restart though drag all the kexts you need into the 10.10 file
(i needed FakeSMC and VoodooTSCsync)

now boot into the UEFI partition that will appear as a booting option and enjoy your new hackintosh!

IF IT DOESN’T BOOT IN THE FIRST TIME JUST MAKE SURE TO WATCH IT IN VERBOSE MODE -v AND SEE WHERE IT HANGS UP. FOR NVIDA DRIVERS SEARCH “nvidia web drivers” ON GOOGLE FOR UP TO DATE SOFTWARE

TO GET SOUND RUNNING ON ALL PORTS BACK PANEL FRONT HEADERS AND HDMI
INSTALL VoodooHDA-v2.8.7 THAT GOT EVERYTHING WORKING PROPERLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back