Contribute
Register

MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8GB with 10.14.5/6

Status
Not open for further replies.
@scottkendall I followed the steps and now all USB ports work thank you!
One weird issue is that the mouse only works in one of the 3.0 ports and on that port SS# does not match the HS# but I can live with this.

The sleep /wake issue sadly did not get solved. Would you be so kind to share the .plist for your MSI z170a to see if I see something else?
Another question. When the machine in sleep when you touch the keyboard does it suppose to wake up the machine?

Thank you!

That machine currently does not have a video card in it because I swiped it and put it in my main rig for some dual GPU testing. So I can not give you my config and I do not use the same method for USB I linked you.

Did you set darkwake=10? Check your energy settings and uncheck all the boxes.

Yes the keyboard and mouse should wake up the computer. On my Girls Z370 rig she has two red ports on a different controller than the intel controller; those ports do not wake her system.

Yes one of the USB3.0 ports has a different SS number at least mine did I remember thinking it was odd.

Last edited:
Thank you. i'l let you know how it goes.

Thank you very much it worked!
darkwake=10 didn't but darkwake=8 did.

Now my next issue is to try to wake the machine using the keyboard. I double checked and on Hackintool only shows 1 controller and specs confirm that it has a 6 based on the Z170 Chipset and there is an USB -C handled by ASM1142 Chipset but I don't care about it and is not shown anywhere.

● Intel® Z170 Chipset
▶ 6x USB 3.1 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connector)
▶ 6x USB 2.0 (High-speed USB) ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connector)

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 10.10.02 AM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back