Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I know there's already so many discussions surrounding GPUs, especially RX 580s. However, I can't find anything about the MSI Gaming X.

I bought one of these cards off eBay as a backup card which is in great shape, and I'm thinking about doing an mATX or an ITX build and I need to find a solid answer on if I can make this card work. I know some cards need to flashed to work with macOS and all that...

So, is it possible? If so, is it worth it?

Link to Card: https://us.msi.com/Graphics-card/Radeon-RX-580-GAMING-X-8G.html

A little late. I have the same GPU and it works well.

A little late. I have the same GPU and it works well.

Better late than never! I'm actually going to build my second Hackintosh within the next few weeks, using the 580 Gaming X. ITX build in a Phanteks Shift case.

So you have it longer than me. LOL.
I do have a few issues with sleep/wake and I don't know yet if they are related to the GPU.
  • Sometimes when it stays too long in the sleep it just goes black screen when I fire it up.
  • Only the switch can wake it up not the mouse or keyboard.

So you have it longer than me. LOL.
I do have a few issues with sleep/wake and I don't know yet if they are related to the GPU.
  • Sometimes when it stays too long in the sleep it just goes black screen when I fire it up.
  • Only the switch can wake it up not the mouse or keyboard.

Most sleep issues are related to the USB not being configured properly or not having darkwake setup, I use darkwake=10. I have a MSI Z170A system and it runs great when it is powered on, sleep included. I use it mostly as a test machine instead of breaking my main rig when trying something new. The video card should not mess with sleep.

@scottkendall I have a MSI Z170A SLI PLUS. And I agree something is going on with the USB ports. I am lost with USB assignment is there any newbie resource that you can share?

I Installed using the Vanilla process for SkyLake

@scottkendall I have a MSI Z170A SLI PLUS. And I agree something is going on with the USB ports. I am lost with USB assignment is there any newbie resource that you can share?

I Installed using the Vanilla process for SkyLake

I would refer this guide.

@scottkendall I followed the steps and now all USB ports work thank you!
One weird issue is that the mouse only works in one of the 3.0 ports and on that port SS# does not match the HS# but I can live with this.

The sleep /wake issue sadly did not get solved. Would you be so kind to share the .plist for your MSI z170a to see if I see something else?
Another question. When the machine in sleep when you touch the keyboard does it suppose to wake up the machine?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back