Contribute
Register

MSI Radeon RX 560 4GT LP OC 4GB Low Profile @ $125 ($110 after rebate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RX 560 was very much just plug-n-play.
@pastrychef do you have a guide for your HP ProDesk 600 G2? Are you running an whatevergreen / lilu or is the RX560 not needing them? I'm thinking of getting one for an HP 8300 running High Sierra and then looking to run Mojave soon.

@pastrychef do you have a guide for your HP ProDesk 600 G2? Are you running an whatevergreen / lilu or is the RX560 not needing them? I'm thinking of getting one for an HP 8300 running High Sierra and then looking to run Mojave soon.

TRS96 has the guides for these ready built systems.

I do use WhateverGreen with my RX 560.

I've been a bit lazy and haven't done a guide for the ProDesk 600 G2 yet. I hope to get around to it soon. Btw, the ProDesk is running really nice now.

I've been a bit lazy and haven't done a guide for the ProDesk 600 G2 yet. I hope to get around to it soon. Btw, the ProDesk is running really nice now.
Thanks. Look forward to a guide in due course.
What are the main differences you see between the 8300 and the ProDesk?

Thanks. Look forward to a guide in due course.
What are the main differences you see between the 8300 and the ProDesk?

It's Ivy Bridge (8300) vs Skylake (ProDesk 600 G2). That's three generations apart...

DMI 2.0 vs DMI 3.0
No HEVC vs HEVC
DDR3 vs DDR4

Just a more modern architecture in general.

Hi @pastrychef a few questions on your RX560 as I am looking at getting the same one but had issues with a previous (different) RX560 that I couldn't get to work.

- do the fans spin all the time or only under load? I prefer a quiet machine.
- is it using x16 or x8 PCIe lane width (from System Report > Graphics/Display)?
- any suspected issues using it in an HP 8300 running iMac 13,2 definition?
- do you also use Lilu or radeon deint or anything?

Thanks

Hi @pastrychef a few questions on your RX560 as I am looking at getting the same one but had issues with a previous (different) RX560 that I couldn't get to work.

- do the fans spin all the time or only under load? I prefer a quiet machine.
- is it using x16 or x8 PCIe lane width (from System Report > Graphics/Display)?
- any suspected issues using it in an HP 8300 running iMac 13,2 definition?
- do you also use Lilu or radeon deint or anything?

Thanks

• Yes, the fans spin all the time, but I can barely hear them even when my ear is 2 inches away from them.
  • It runs at x8 on my motherboard. I don't think this has anything to do with the card and more to do with motherboards. Even at x8, the PCI-e is not a bottleneck.
  • I don't see why using it in an HP 8300 would be an issue.
  • Yes, I use Lilu and WhateverGreen.

• Yes, the fans spin all the time, but I can barely hear them even when my ear is 2 inches away from them.
  • It runs at x8 on my motherboard. I don't think this has anything to do with the card and more to do with motherboards. Even at x8, the PCI-e is not a bottleneck.
  • I don't see why using it in an HP 8300 would be an issue.
  • Yes, I use Lilu and WhateverGreen.
Thanks, appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back