Contribute
Register

MSI Radeon RX 560 4GT LP OC 4GB Low Profile @ $125 ($110 after rebate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer, it's the only single slot RX 560 4GB I could find made.

It is possible to reflash the bios on the XFX 560 but that will void any warranty and may brick the card. If you have the skills and can take the risk the “tech power up” site has the vbios collection and basic instructions. Others have done this on the XFX cards and reported them working well. ***Disclaimer*** do at your own risk!

Translation, if you brick your new card, don't come crying to me ! ;)

Correct, but if it is the only way to get a single slot card it could be worth it. If you do it right. It’s a lot less scary if the card has a dual bios.

There are quite a few Nvidia single slot card options but the lack of driver support makes it difficult to go that route. We know the GT 710 has support in Mojave but that is a pretty weak card in terms of overall performance.

There are quite a few Nvidia single slot card options but the lack of driver support makes it difficult to go that route. We know the GT 710 has support in Mojave but that is a pretty weak card in terms of overall performance.

IGPU usually kicks it’s butt.

Here's my EFI folder. Everything is working well. You will find some aml files in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. You can delete most of them if you don't want to use them. I was just experimenting and trying to learn how to populate the PCI section of System Information.

Thanks a lot for this. Interesting to compare. I had installed Mojave on the SDD with a real iMac 17.2 and then used multibeast to put clover on EFI. No other manual changes from my side and works fully. In contrast your EFI is full of adjustment.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 172
Thanks a lot for this. Interesting to compare. I had installed Mojave on the SDD with a real iMac 17.2 and then used multibeast to put clover on EFI. No other manual changes from my side and works fully. In contrast your EFI is full of adjustment.

• Test that IGPU is working correctly
    • IGPU should not appear in System Information > Displays
    • Quick Sync should be working (test with MacX Video Converter)
    • HEVC should be working (play a high bitrate video such as the "Sony Camp" video or the "Big Buck Bunny" video in 4K in QuickTime, CPU usage during playback should be 10% or less)
    • AirPlay video should be working
  • Test that power management is working correctly
  • Test that sleep/wake is working correctly
  • Test that all USB ports are working correctly

Last edited:
Thanks for asking. All working well. The only think I needed to do was to remove the InjectIntel tickbox with Clover Configurator to get rid of the HD 530 in System Information. The only annoying thing is the relatively frequent clock error at boot up...

Thanks for asking. All working well. The only think I needed to do was to remove the InjectIntel tickbox with Clover Configurator to get rid of the HD 530 in System Information. The only annoying thing is the relatively frequent clock error at boot up...

I haven't seen the clock error in a while. Not sure what I did but I've gone through quite a few reboots without seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back