Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Fenvi T919 cards use the older Broadcom BCM94360CD chip, which appears to be the main card affected by the recent changes in macOS.

These cards have 4 x antenna connectors, while the slightly newer BCM943602CS & BCM94360CS2 cards have 3 & 2 x antenna connectors respectively.

I don’t think any of the Apple systems that originally shipped with the BCM94360CD are natively supported in Ventura. This may be why Apple have belatedly pulled the plug on these cards.

None of these Broadcom cards will be natively supported when the Kaby Lake systems are dropped from macOS Sonoma.

Fenvi T919 cards use the older Broadcom BCM94360CD chip, which appears to be the main card affected by the recent changes in macOS.

These cards have 4 x antenna connectors, while the slightly newer BCM943602CS & BCM94360CS2 cards have 3 & 2 x antenna connectors respectively.

I don’t think any of the Apple systems that originally shipped with the BCM94360CD are natively supported in Ventura. This may be why Apple have belatedly pulled the plug on these cards.

None of these Broadcom cards will be natively supported when the Kaby Lake systems are dropped from macOS Sonoma.
All makes sense to me, thanks friend.

@CaseySJ have you had any trouble with the Fenvi T919 on the latest Ventura? Bluetooth is working, however, wifi can't find any networks and will eventually grey out with the slash through it. I can see it clearly in IOReg. The scenario remains the same with and without Airportbrcmfixup. I've even purchased a new card. Any ideas or ring any bells?
No issues on my end. My T919 on the very latest release and the beta of Ventura. WiFi still works natively without the help of any kexts.

No issues on my end. My T919 on the very latest release and the beta of Ventura. WiFi still works natively without the help of any kexts.
No such luck with or without kext here. This MSI board is super sensitive to changes too so it took a few reboots to get back to normal behavior.

@Edhawk if you have an old install of Ventura (13.1) could you pass me the native AirportBrcmNCIS.kext?

I’ll see what I can do.

Don’t sweat it I’m home now and can dig it up.

No such luck with or without kext here. This MSI board is super sensitive to changes too so it took a few reboots to get back to normal behavior.
1. What BIOS release are you using? I'm using the last.
2. Have you tried clear NVRAM?
3. What OpenCore release are you using? 0.9.4?

Last edited:
1. What BIOS release are you using? I'm using the last.
2. Have you tried clear NVRAM?
3. What OpenCore release are you using? 0.9.4?

1. I've been back quite a few revisions--I'll need to look when I'm back at the studio today.
2. I cleared yesterday after disabling fixup.
3. 093.

I'm going to perform a couple test today:
  • Check slot
  • Change slot

1. I've been back quite a few revisions--I'll need to look when I'm back at the studio today.
2. I cleared yesterday after disabling fixup.
3. 093.

I'm going to perform a couple test today:
  • Check slot
  • Change slot
Nada. I moved ports and confirmed that it (ports) will work with other devices. The BIOS is setup appropriately. Not sure what gives here.

I can see it in IOReg, hackintool--all the places. Bluetooth works and wifi will occasionally see my iPhone hotspot but will not connect. I've tried a clean install and this is a brand new card.

Last edited:
Back