Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

No you don’t need to undertake remapping the USB ports. As @NorthAmTransAm has already undertaken the mapping. You just need to use the kext linked to post 978, editing out the ports you don’t need or use.
@CREEEP pro tip for ya.

Open OpenCore Configurator, go to settings, check off "Load At Startup As A Normal Plist Editor, relaunch.

Then right click on my USBPorts.kext and select Show Package Contents. Open Info.plist with OpenCore Configurator (in Plist Editor mode).

Here you can edit out which port and type you'd like to use. Please remember to expand the port and change port number to match port name. For example, HS03 = 03000000.

There is a mini guide in post one if you need help!

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 8.22.50 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 8.18.49 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 8.21.33 AM.png

@NorthAmTransAm
Yes, I read your first post and used this technique
But in the end, I made the map with hackintool (in my opinion, I don't know if there is a problem, but it looks good at the moment)
All the USBs really work fine, is there something wrong with my mapping and I need to edit it?
I also did what @Edhawk said about additions
Currently, the problem of turning off and on Bluetooth is solved
I replaced the antenna with an old one from asus and the identification problem was solved
I overclocked the processor a bit and added another 16GB RAM to it (I didn't remember that I installed only one 16GB RAM for testing), now I have 32GB RAM at 3200 frequency and the multi-core problem is solved.

During mapping, the motherboard became buggy twice and forced me to flash the motherboard and reinstall Mac OS. I am a bit afraid of remapping for this reason, but if there is a problem, let me know.To be ready to fight again :D

@NorthAmTransAm
Yes, I read your first post and used this technique
But in the end, I made the map with hackintool (in my opinion, I don't know if there is a problem, but it looks good at the moment)
All the USBs really work fine, is there something wrong with my mapping and I need to edit it?
I also did what @Edhawk said about additions
Currently, the problem of turning off and on Bluetooth is solved
I replaced the antenna with an old one from asus and the identification problem was solved
I overclocked the processor a bit and added another 16GB RAM to it (I didn't remember that I installed only one 16GB RAM for testing), now I have 32GB RAM at 3200 frequency and the multi-core problem is solved.

During mapping, the motherboard became buggy twice and forced me to flash the motherboard and reinstall Mac OS. I am a bit afraid of remapping for this reason, but if there is a problem, let me know.To be ready to fight again :D

I have issues with the newer BIOS on this board. Where it becomes so buggy is that I cannot get into it without a BIOS reset. Older versions do not give me this issue.

I'd re-read @Edhawk's post a bit just to make sure. If you're happy then that's OK, but to echo him--no need to re map at all. The way you're going about it in Hackintool is how the USBPorts.kext that I was saying to edit was made.

Last edited:
Yes, you need to use a different USBPorts.kext, as the one you are using is not correct. You would be advised to use @NorthAmTransAm USBPorts.kext and forget about using you own kext.

To edit the USBPorts.kext that contains ALL the USB ports from your motherboard do the following:
  1. Download the USBPorts.kext created by NorthAmTransAm containing all the USB ports.
  2. Save it somewhere easy to locate.
  3. Right-click on the kext, this will show a sub-menu.
  4. Select 'Show Package Contents' from the sub-menu.
  5. Double-click the Contents folder displayed in the Finder window.
  6. This will display an Info.plist, which contains the USB port information created by NorthAmTransAm.
  7. Open this Info.plist in ProperTree, or another Plist Editor. Don't use a configuration app if possible.
The Info.plist contains the following data, when viewed in ProperTree.

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 20.03.47.png HS03 - HS13 ports.

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 20.04.49.png SS01 - SS09 ports.

• If you use the comment fields, they will tell you which port each connector relates to on the motherboard.
  • Do not change any of the UsbConnector fields as this will mess up the USB configuration, even if it doesn't tally with your USB port discovery.
  • Delete the ports you don't need or plan to use in macOS, so you are left with 15 ports in total active.
    • Simplest way to delete a port is to select and highlight the port name, i.e HS12 for example.
    • Then press the Delete button, this will remove/delete the port from the Info.plist, when using ProperTree.

Attachments

• USBPortsNATA-All Possible Ports EDIT ME V2.kext.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 17
Yes, you need to use a different USBPorts.kext, as the one you are using is not correct. You would be advised to use @NorthAmTransAm USBPorts.kext and forget about using you own kext.

To edit the USBPorts.kext that contains ALL the USB ports from your motherboard do the following:
  1. Download the USBPorts.kext created by NorthAmTransAm containing all the USB ports.
  2. Save it somewhere easy to locate.
  3. Right-click on the kext, this will show a sub-menu.
  4. Select 'Show Package Contents' from the sub-menu.
  5. Double-click the Contents folder displayed in the Finder window.
  6. This will display an Info.plist, which contains the USB port information created by NorthAmTransAm.
  7. Open this Info.plist in ProperTree, or another Plist Editor. Don't use a configuration app if possible.
The Info.plist contains the following data, when viewed in ProperTree.

View attachment 568097 HS03 - HS13 ports.

View attachment 568098 SS01 - SS09 ports.

• If you use the comment fields, they will tell you which port each connector relates to on the motherboard.
  • Do not change any of the UsbConnector fields as this will mess up the USB configuration, even if it doesn't tally with your USB port discovery.
  • Delete the ports you don't need or plan to use in macOS, so you are left with 15 ports in total active.
    • Simplest way to delete a port is to select and highlight the port name, i.e HS12 for example.
    • Then press the Delete button, this will remove/delete the port from the Info.plist, when using ProperTree.

Okay, I totally understand what I'm doing and thank you @Edhawk
Then I have to rewrite/paste the Info.plist file into USBPorts.kext?
And an important question, @NorthAmTransAm , it doesn't have Bluetooth and Bluetooth is not mapped. What do I do with Bluetooth?

Okay, I totally understand what I'm doing and thank you @Edhawk
Then I have to rewrite/paste the Info.plist file into USBPorts.kext?
And an important question, @NorthAmTransAm , it doesn't have Bluetooth and Bluetooth is not mapped. What do I do with Bluetooth?

You don't need to move the info.plist file. Just save it, then move the USBPorts.kext back to your EFI.

Which USB Port did your Intel BT end up on?

You don't need to move the info.plist file. Just save it, then move the USBPorts.kext back to your EFI.

Which USB Port did your Intel BT end up on?
ok thanks
I will calculate carefully tomorrow, I realized my mistakes to some extent
I just don't know why the numbers of the ports that I have mapped are different.
Your HS03 is two red ports (Type C and Type A) for me its USB2
Elsewhere you have mapped these two ports in ss02 and ss01.but for me its ss01 ss03 :banghead:
You have used the number 3 for USB 2 ports, but I read that USB 2 should be numbered 0.
I just want to try to understand and learn the right way
I had reached these results from both Windows and Hackintool by connecting USB to each port

I don't know where I messed up :banghead: :beachball::idea:

I don't know, I will check more closely tomorrow to understand the problems of my work

Bluetooth is on HS06. (Now I'm not sure about the difference I see) But I saw that you also ignored this port

Last edited:
ok thanks
I will calculate carefully tomorrow, I realized my mistakes to some extent
I just don't know why the numbers of the ports that I have mapped are different.
Your HS03 is two red ports (Type C and Type A) for me its USB2
I had reached these results from both Windows and Hackintool by connecting USB to each port

I don't know where I messed up :banghead: :beachball::idea:

I don't know, I will check more closely tomorrow to understand the problems of my work

Bluetooth is on HS06. (Now I'm not sure about the difference I see)

Don't forget 3.0 ports are both 2.0 and 3.0.

HSxx = 2.0
SSxx = 3.0 and up

So as far the Red Type A port, its gotta be listed in both locations.

HS03 and SS02

Just in case I'm causing confusion, I'll go back through tomorrow and test each port. Until then here's the list from post 1 for you to compare using IOReg. Simply plugin a 3.0 hub into each port and you'll see where it loads on an HS port and SS port.

If Bluetooth needs HS06 then add it! Good find.

Port Name (Connector) (port)

1687309086029.png

JUSB1/JUSB2

HS13 (255) (0D000000)

JUSB3
HS09 (3) (09000000)
HS10 (3) (0A000000)
SS08 (3) (18000000)
SS09 (3) (19000000)

JUSB4
HS07 (3) (07000000)
HS08 (3) (08000000)
SS06 (3) (16000000)
SS07 (3) (17000000)

Back Panel I/O
HS03 (3) (03000000)
HS05 (3) (05000000)
HS11 (3) (0B000000)
HS12 (3) (0C000000)
SS01 (9) (11000000)
SS02 (9) (12000000)
SS04 (3) (14000000)
SS05 (3) (15000000)

All USB3!ports have a physical connector and a virtual USB2 connector. If both are to be active then they need to both be set to match the physical connection.

You should never have a virtual USB2 port served from a USB3 physical port set as anything other then USB3.

The only ports that should be set as USB2 are those served from a physical USB2 port that is located on the back plate on the motherboard.

All USB3!ports have a physical connector and a virtual USB2 connector. If both are to be active then they need to both be set to match the physical connection.

That's a great explanation actually.

Back