Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Gotta runaway for an hour, but I'll do as you suggested soon as I return.

Gotta runaway for an hour, but I'll do as you suggested soon as I return.
Also, here's the 087 I'm running. Add your serial.

Attachments

• EFI 087.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 50
A fun little hardware update. I bit on some RAM that was on sale (definitely not targeted ads from my google searches). I also followed the Dortania guide for adding RAM manually. Super easy stuff. Just gotta fix the CPU info.

Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 3.55.55 PM.png
Long way to go, but getting there. Just for fun. UPDATE: I figured it out but this is pointless :)
Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 3.56.52 PM.png

Last edited:
I tried your EFI. With and without XMP enabled. Rechecked BIOS settings - all set as per this thread minus Thunderbolt. Same result. Any ideas?

I tried your EFI. With and without XMP enabled. Rechecked BIOS settings - all set as per this thread minus Thunderbolt. Same result. Any ideas?
What drive are you using? Also, try change SecureBootModel to Default.

WD Black SN770 NVMe 250GB. SecureBootModel on/off no difference.

Yes. I can get into Recovery. Terminal opens no problem.

Yes. I can get into Recovery. Terminal opens no problem.
To me that proves that your set up is fine but somethings wrong in macOS. I'd try installing a fresh copy on another partition or drive. If nothing is precious on your current OS, I'd try installing over it.

Yeah...I was kinda leaning that way. I figure the update I did this morning mangled something. I grabbed a copy of 13.1 and will create fresh USB with the OC 0.87 you provided. What are your thoughts on doing a dirty install first, before formatting and starting over?

Back