Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Yeah...I was kinda leaning that way. I figure the update I did this morning mangled something. I grabbed a copy of 13.1 and will create fresh USB with the OC 0.87 you provided. What are your thoughts on doing a dirty install first, before formatting and starting over?
I personally feel safe doing that but its good advice not to if you have sensitive data.

I've had success doing dirty installs on previous versions of macOS. Wasn't sure if there was something added in 13 preventing me from doing so. I'll put together a USB and give it a whirl. I'll report back later tonight or tomorrow morning.

North, I couldn't find the other post that we were communicating on,

So, I've got the same gear as you and using it foe audio. I wondered if you would have some insight where I am lacking.

Same platform and chip… well, Z690 12900k

Now I'm trying to get it to sleep; working with hibernate 25 working fully.

Have you managed to get sleep with hibernate and wake working?

Mine is 1 out of 10 times crashing and im finding it hard to trouble shoot

Cheers, mate. :)
The sleep issue is so freaking hit or miss. I've found that it breaks with certain dot releases of macOS. It's currently working using this method but I can't promise its forever. Just one of those things.

I'd guess your board, like mine, has GPRW. Let me know if it all makes sense.

North, I couldn't find the other post that we were communicating on,

So, I've got the same gear as you and using it foe audio. I wondered if you would have some insight where I am lacking.

Same platform and chip… well, Z690 12900k

Now I'm trying to get it to sleep; working with hibernate 25 working fully.

Have you managed to get sleep with hibernate and wake working?

Mine is 1 out of 10 times crashing and im finding it hard to trouble shoot

Cheers, mate. :)
A note about pro audio, specifically Pro Tools. I've been experimenting with P+E cores for speed and stability. Here's my findings.

Best to worst (all are good)

1. P Cores only has consistent and powerful performance
  2. P+E Cores gets a little unpredictable as things will sometimes take longer than expected. The job gets done however.
  3. P+E Cores with Intel Turbo Boost off (set in pro tools preferences). Consistent behavior but you can feel it.
One experiment i'd like to try is to overclock the E-Cores to 4.0 (or 3.9, whatever it goes to) and try a session with turbo disabled. Cheers!

right are you telling me that P+E cores slows down Daws?
Small hangs, but really not super noticeable. This is just a detailed observation. With E Cores disabled it doesn't bat an eye. Its actually pretty wild to experience.

Tried installing fresh copy of 13.1 no luck. I'm getting same result as before. Downloaded 13.1 multiple times, used different USB's. even changed drive - no luck. Reinstalled 13.01 (no problems) and tried upgrading to 13.1 - no luck. Tried with XMP enabled/disabled - no luck. Maybe it doesn't like the lastest bios version. What version are you using? What E/P core settings are using? I also tried both OC 0.86 and 0.87 (from this thread) - no difference. Anything else I could try?

Tried installing fresh copy of 13.1 no luck. I'm getting same result as before. Downloaded 13.1 multiple times, used different USB's. even changed drive - no luck. Reinstalled 13.01 (no problems) and tried upgrading to 13.1 - no luck. Tried with XMP enabled/disabled - no luck. Maybe it doesn't like the lastest bios version. What version are you using? What E/P core settings are using? I also tried both OC 0.86 and 0.87 (from this thread) - no difference. Anything else I could try?

Wait.

You need to add a boot argument for your GPU.

agdpmod=pikera

Should I disable the Igpu in the BIOS? I'm still getting crashes sometimes on wake from sleep, specifically hibernation 25 like full power down standby mode.

Thank you for your replies mate :)_

I left mine set to auto actually. You can also try repairing your sleep image with this command in terminal. I know, sleeps such a mess.

Code:
pmset -g log | grep -e "Sleep.*due to" -e "Wake.*due to"

so is hibernation broken and unreliable then or does it just take some work?
On this platform its been hit or miss. Have you tried the dortania solution yet? Also, disabling fTpm2.0 in bios?

Nope. Didn't work.

Back