Contribute
Register

MSI GS63VR 6RF

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is as expected with non-Optimus dual-GPU system (HDMI dedicated to Nvidia, internal display dedicated to Intel).

I've been everywhere trying to get my HDMI working but all you did was install NVIDIA drivers, correct?

I've been everywhere trying to get my HDMI working but all you did was install NVIDIA drivers, correct?

I don't have any systems with Nvidia hardware.

Ok, So the only way I have gotten it to work is: With the imac smbios (14,2 ) default choice when you install clover via multibeast. I then installed the latestest Nvidia drivers ( they are listed in the download section on this site as well). The card is only active once you have display device hooked up via HDMI. If i set the monitor connected to hdmi as main monitor then it says it is active on both (whether or not it does kick the laptop display over to use the card or not I cannot say, but the OS reports it as active on all displays). I am sure with other SMbios it is still possible but it would require making sure you have the ports mapped correctly (I haven't done this in a long time, so i am not able to give a step by step on that process). I have left my laptop as the imac for now until i get the config.plist modifications down.

I have read it over multiple times but still feel like a dunce. I am at the point of fixing the errors but I have no idea on how to fix the errors that are found.

Make sure you disassemble with refs.txt as per guide.
And if you're using the latest plist from my Clover guide (or have the same ACPI settings), then there is only a need to patch DSDT.

If you have a question regarding an error, you will need to provide details.
No one here is clairvoyant.

Ok, So the only way I have gotten it to work is: With the imac smbios (14,2 ) default choice when you install clover via multibeast. I then installed the latestest Nvidia drivers ( they are listed in the download section on this site as well). The card is only active once you have display device hooked up via HDMI. If i set the monitor connected to hdmi as main monitor then it says it is active on both (whether or not it does kick the laptop display over to use the card or not I cannot say, but the OS reports it as active on all displays). I am sure with other SMbios it is still possible but it would require making sure you have the ports mapped correctly (I haven't done this in a long time, so i am not able to give a step by step on that process). I have left my laptop as the imac for now until i get the config.plist modifications down.
Alright I'll try this on my spare time. Also, i can help you patch your dsdt if you want.

Make sure you disassemble with refs.txt as per guide.
And if you're using the latest plist from my Clover guide (or have the same ACPI settings), then there is only a need to patch DSDT.

If you have a question regarding an error, you will need to provide details.
No one here is clairvoyant.

Ok i finally have the most up to date version of MaciASL , I get warnings but no errors when i click compile. I can save as .aml at this point? Do i copy it over to my EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin folder or Patched? should i compile all the other SSDT files then save as .aml and move them with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back