Graphics
MSI 660ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been trying forever to run mountain lion on this board with a 3570k and 660ti and all I get is a KP about the ACPI or something right off the bat. I was just wondering if there were any setting in the bios that need to be changed since MSI is a bit different, or if I'm even compatible. I even tried the appleintelcpupower thingy and maybe I did it wrong but nothing. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

have you installed ML yet?
its not clear in your post

sorry bout that. iv make the unibeast boot usb and when i try to get to the install screen it just goes to the gray window with the kernel panic. the boot loader screen shows up fine. i was thinking that it was the copy of mountain lion i had since reacently wen i try to re instal mountain lion to the usb, unibeast gives be a failure message. also i knw that some people have been able to run ML on my board, but i dont know which bios settings to use. one more thing, i have used many boot flags, no luck, and sata is set to athc, or what ever its supposed to, and whats got me is that this setting is always like that even when running win 7

I still have one more thing to try, not sure if it is the image or not but thanks, ill post back later either way

i got mountain lion to install and i am using it right now. haven't restarted yet but if i come across any problems i will post back. The problem was in the instal app itself and had to re download and instal to usb. i thought unibeast was going just a little to fast, so the refreshing 3 hour speed was nice to have at last.

How are you faring with the MSI board? I noticed elsewhere you were trying to get a PCI(x) Pro Tools system running on it. Any luck? I currently have the Jetway, but would consider switching to this MB. Jetway is running PT fine, but quicktime is really jittery when running Pro Tools. I've been through 4 video cards.

My hurdle is also I want to run OS 10.6.x, as I'm running PT 8. Did you have 10.6 running before going to ML?

Mother board is fine absolutly love it and easy bios, mountain lion is fine, haven't had 10.6 running on it before, tried 10.6 on my laptop but no luck at all so this was easier to do on my Christmas pc :) (Intels are awesome) so i cant really say much on that, would have to assume it could. sorry but have no idea what u mean about pro tools, this was my first thread and last resort for the issue but finally found out that my problem was in the ML download, unless ur talking about the 660 ti (im sorta noob) but it werks fine, didnt have to use any plugins or patches or anything, and it all looks fine.

How are you faring with the MSI board? I noticed elsewhere you were trying to get a PCI(x) Pro Tools system running on it. Any luck? I currently have the Jetway, but would consider switching to this MB. Jetway is running PT fine, but quicktime is really jittery when running Pro Tools. I've been through 4 video cards.

My hurdle is also I want to run OS 10.6.x, as I'm running PT 8. Did you have 10.6 running before going to ML?

If you want to run 10.6.x then you need to stay with the Sandy Bridge 6x series of mainboards - ie P67, P68, H61, H67, etc. because SL has no support for the Ivy Bridge chip on the 7 series boards.
Also stay with the SB CPUs - 2xxx series or the SB Pentium 2-core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back