Contribute
Register

MP3's won't play back

Status
Not open for further replies.
arw said:
that's why I bought a Nvidia GTX 260, it just works ;-) .

Had I just known that before... :rolleyes:

Same thing on both DVI ports

I guess I'll just have to wait and hope someone drops by and comes up with a solution or helps me programming one. This isn't much of a help either, as it does describe what I could do about it but not how it's done..

For anyone reading this, you can read how I installed my system right here. Help is highly appreciated!

Attachments

• System_Profiler_Graphics.tiff
    113.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Preference_Pane_Monitor.tiff
    73.4 KB · Views: 162
MacMan said:
Make sure you use MultiBeast 1.1.1, the previous release had a bug where it wouldn't downgrade AppleHDA.kext.

Just downloaded a fresh MultiBeast 1.1.1 and installed 10.6.2 Apple HDA along with System Tools, made no difference at all.
How many output devices should I be seeing in the audio preference pane?

I guess it's the same as on a UD2

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2010-05-27 um 01.29.34.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2010-05-27 um 01.29.34.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 139
cgXR said:
Just downloaded a fresh MultiBeast 1.1.1 and installed 10.6.2 Apple HDA along with System Tools, made no difference at all.
How many output devices should I be seeing in the audio preference pane?
You should see 4:

Internal Speaker Built-In Output
Line Out Built-In Line Output
Line Out Built-In Line Output
Digital Out Built-In Digital Output

Okay I do see four. So how come only the green audio out is working?

You tried plugging in something to the Orange jack and then choosing the the 1st Line Out and then switching to the Gray jack and choosing the 2nd Line Out.

In OSX each Line Out is an Independent output device unless you create a multiple output device using Audio Midi Setup.

MacMan said:
You tried plugging in something to the Orange jack and then choosing the the 1st Line Out and then switching to the Gray jack and choosing the 2nd Line Out.

In OSX each Line Out is an Independent output device unless you create a multiple output device using Audio Midi Setup.

Okay that works. Front panel doesn't work with none of the three. I can still hear it processing though when I connect the audio cable to the front panel out.

I just noticed my GFX card's HDMI port also transports 7.1 audio, so there is a connection between the audio chip and the card. Might that be the problem?
Also the fan is very very loud and annoying, it's like having a small jet engine in there. Can we control the fans of gfx cards or are they always running top speed?

cgXR said:
I just noticed my GFX card's HDMI port also transports 7.1 audio, so there is a connection between the audio chip and the card. Might that be the problem?
Also the fan is very very loud and annoying, it's like having a small jet engine in there. Can we control the fans of gfx cards or are they always running top speed?

If you haven't combined your board via the two SPDIF Pins with your graphic card, there is no connection, and even if, that wouldn't be a problem.
I haven't found any software to control the graphic card fan, I replaced the stock one with a 3-fan model from Arctic Cooling, as the card defines the rpm of the fan by itself depending on the actual temperature. I'm not familar with your model, but perhaps you could flash the BIOS of your card, to make the fan start at a lower rpm-value, (2D/3D/Extra-Mode also works in OSX) but check the temperatures with windows first. That's how I got mine 100% silent @ a temperature of 47°C.

One more thing, I noticed that the optical drive is trying to read every 30 secs or so even though there is no disk in it and I didn't open it. Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back