Contribute
Register

MP3's won't play back

Status
Not open for further replies.
What case are you guys using and which analog output are you using?

Some people have reported problems with Antec cases and the front panel output.

I'm talking about the Onboard Rear Green one.
I haven't checked it with my most recent DSDT and Legacy888bHDA, as I went to digital.
Headphones (in the green rear) make no noise, so perhaps it's a problem with some receivers.

Like I said, I tried the DSDT from the blog earlier this evening with no success.
I'm using the green headphone out on the back panel of my motherboard.
The front panel out isn't working at all and neither are any of the other back panel outs. Yes I tried the different audio outs in system config.
Currently using the DSDT MultiBeast gave me. Will report back with updated DSDT.

Attachments

• Audio_Panel.tiff
    64.3 KB · Views: 120
  • System_Profiler_Audio.tiff
    99.5 KB · Views: 104
I also noticed the computer itself making these noises, for example when scrolling a website or when revealing the dock

Ahhh, than it's your graphic card.
But I can't tell you how to get rid of it.
Have you plugged more than one monitor?
I have it sometimes, when I de-activate my TV and only have a picture on my primary TFT.

cgXR said:
Like I said, I tried the DSDT from the blog earlier this evening with no success.
I'm using the green headphone out on the back panel of my motherboard.
The front panel out isn't working at all and neither are any of the other back panel outs. Yes I tried the different audio outs in system config.
Currently using the DSDT MultiBeast gave me. Will report back with updated DSDT.

Exactly the same using freshly downloaded DSDT. No working audio outs except the green one on the back panel

arw said:
Ahhh, than it's your graphic card.

:banghead: That was the one fear I had. Took me days of forums research to actually find working kexts. I guess it's a little exotic beast that baby.
So, what can we do about it?

To your audio problem:
Hmm, if you have a 10.6.2 AppleHDA and the recent BIOS and DSDT it's really strange.
Perhaps try a re-install, as it works for others with the same board.

To the graphics:.
Sorry mate, no clue, that's why I bought a Nvidia GTX 260, it just works ;-) .
Have you plugged both DVIs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back