Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, please help.

Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard, SP/DIF is not working. It is in list, but grey out and says "Selected device has no output controls".
Kexts installed from latest Multibeast 5.1.3.

Thank you

Guys, please help.

Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard, SP/DIF is not working. It is in list, but grey out and says "Selected device has no output controls".
Kexts installed from latest Multibeast 5.1.3.
Works as designed. No audio controls for digital audio in OS X. The volume is controlled by the device that coverts the digital signal to sound, i.e., the TV, receiver, etc. Use the remote for that device. If you want OS X to control the volume, analog stereo is your best option.

Works as designed. No audio controls for digital audio in OS X. The volume is controlled by the device that coverts the digital signal to sound, i.e., the TV, receiver, etc. Use the remote for that device. If you want OS X to control the volume, analog stereo is your best option.

So there is no chance to change digital output audio bit depth in any way?

The reason I ask is that my multimedia system has a strange high-frequency noise when connected with optical cable. On other forum people said me to change audio bit depth output to 16 bit / 48000 kHz.

Thank you

So there is no chance to change digital output audio bit depth in any way?

The reason I ask is that my multimedia system has a strange high-frequency noise when connected with optical cable. On other forum people said me to change audio bit depth output to 16 bit / 48000 kHz.

Thank you
Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup/Audio Devices/Built-in Digital Output/Format.

Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup/Audio Devices/Built-in Digital Output/Format.

Thank you very much, toleda.

how can i enable the multichannel sound i have 2 sets of speakers working fine in windows on an audigy at 4.1 but its a mess having to switch to 2.1 for the realtek 889, is there anyway to enable the multichannel support under a working system? btw i have the front audio pannel that enable multichannels as stated by the mobo manual.

how can i enable the multichannel sound i have 2 sets of speakers working fine in windows on an audigy at 4.1 but its a mess having to switch to 2.1 for the realtek 889, is there anyway to enable the multichannel support under a working system? btw i have the front audio pannel that enable multichannels as stated by the mobo manual.
Identifying your motherboard and the version of OS X are required to answer your question. In general, OS X supports analog 5.1 and 7.1. There are no native options for 2.1 or 4.1.

Identifying your motherboard and the version of OS X are required to answer your question. In general, OS X supports analog 5.1 and 7.1. There are no native options for 2.1 or 4.1.

Ok, mobo GA-H61M-USB3-B3 latest bios updated
rlt889
os x 10.7 the thing is i'd like to be able to listen to music in all 4 speakers like i have on the other system i mentioned, i tried adding a custom device under midi settings but i have no output sound from the other 2 "Line output" devices, only integrated works so even if i add the devices to the custom device only 2 speakers will sound, i also tried pluggin more speakers to the front output and line in jacks but no sound when i change from "integrated" to "line out". thanks

Ok, mobo GA-H61M-USB3-B3 latest bios updated
rlt889
os x 10.7 the thing is i'd like to be able to listen to music in all 4 speakers like i have on the other system i mentioned, i tried adding a custom device under midi settings but i have no output sound from the other 2 "Line output" devices, only integrated works so even if i add the devices to the custom device only 2 speakers will sound, i also tried pluggin more speakers to the front output and line in jacks but no sound when i change from "integrated" to "line out". thanks
You have 3 port audio on your motherboard. If you want to make the 2 inputs into outputs, you can do that. In Lion, this feature is only available with a dsdt edit. See Optimized Realtek Lion 10.7.4 AppleHDA for 3 port audio. If you install Mountain Lion, 3 port audio is available in MultiBeast. See post #1 of this thread for ML 3 port audio.

You have 3 port audio on your motherboard. If you want to make the 2 inputs into outputs, you can do that. In Lion, this feature is only available with a dsdt edit. See Optimized Realtek Lion 10.7.4 AppleHDA for 3 port audio. If you install Mountain Lion, 3 port audio is available in MultiBeast. See post #1 of this thread for ML 3 port audio.
thanks im using a dsdt built from my system, basically i need to edit the dsdt and nothing else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back